[resolved] Create relationships between data models

One Star

[resolved] Create relationships between data models

Hello,
Could you help me, please.
I try to create relationship between elements of different data models in Talend Platform for MDM.
Product allows choose element ("TTT") from other data model as a foreign key, but i cannot save it. The error occured - type "TTT" does not exist.
Please, tell me what should i do for creating relationship between different data models.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] Create relationships between data models

A data model can not reference another: the data model must represent your whole business model.
I'm now wondering why "Supplier" isn't in "Product" data model? I'd like to hear about the reason of this in case data model fails to cover an important use case.

All Replies
Employee

Hi,
I'm not sure to fully understand what you're trying to do. Is what you're doing similar to this other topic? -> http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=115087#p115087
One Star

Hi,
I think this topic similar, but not the same. I didn't try to import smth into Studio, but I try to make relationship between different data models:
I have two domains "Product" and "Suppliers".
Data model - Product
Entity - Product
Elements - ID
Name
Supplier

Data model - Suppliers
Entity - Supplier
Elements - ID
Name
Address
I try to set the foreign key to element "Supplier" in data model "Product". I can select as a XPath Supplier/ID from data model 'Suppliers', but when i try to deploy or save that changes the error occured.
Please, help me. Is it possible to make that relationship?
Employee

A data model can not reference another: the data model must represent your whole business model.
I'm now wondering why "Supplier" isn't in "Product" data model? I'd like to hear about the reason of this in case data model fails to cover an important use case.
One Star

Hi
Thank you very much for your answer. Now I will use one business model.
I just wanted to divide 2 big dictionaries by this way.