[resolved] Could not load properties : {mdm.root.url}

One Star

[resolved] Could not load properties : {mdm.root.url}

Hi,
I'm getting this error message when I start the mdmServer :
24-Nov-2015 18:55:49.954 SEVERE  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
 org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializationException: Could not load properties; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext resource
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:151)
        at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:265)
        at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:162)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:606)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:462)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:403)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:306)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:106)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4728)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5162)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:725)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:581)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1683)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext resource
        at org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextResource.getInputStream(ServletContextResource.java:141)
        at org.springframework.core.io.support.EncodedResource.getInputStream(EncodedResource.java:143)
        at org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderUtils.fillProperties(PropertiesLoaderUtils.java:98)
        at org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupport.loadProperties(PropertiesLoaderSupport.java:175)
        at org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupport.mergeProperties(PropertiesLoaderSupport.java:156)
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:142)
        ... 20 more

I can't find any file *.properties where the variable mdm.root.url is configured.
Can you please tell me where should I define the variable ${mdm.root.url} ?
Thanks ! Smiley Happy
PS : I'm using the version 6.1.0 of Talend MDM.
Employee

Re: [resolved] Could not load properties : {mdm.root.url}

Hi, how did you install the product? Which version are you using EE or SE ? 
One Star

Hi,
I installed the product using the command line :
java -jar
I'm using :

Talend MDM V 6.1.0 (Free)
jdk1.7.0_79
Unix (Solaris Sparc)
One Star

Hi,
I was just wondering where is the variable {mdm.root.url} supposed to be configured ?
One thing that I did when installing talend MDM on Unix is that i change #!bin/sh in catalina.sh file to #!/bin/ksh because
the shell wasn't interpeting a space in . "$CATALINA_BASE/bin/setenv.sh" 
Employee

1) Java 8 should be used
2) Using the jar installer, what's the installation type you've chosen: embedded Tomcat or existing one? Also can you describe the folders you got after installation ?
One Star

I chose the 'embedded Tomcat' option.
And this is the folders i got after installation :
--> apache-tomcat
--> conf
--> data
--> jobox
--> licenses
--> logs
--> resources
--> Uninstaller
I changed the version and I installed the 6.0.1 version of Talend MDM and it's works just fine.
I don't know if it's a problem with my previous installation or the latest version (6.1.0) of talend MDM :-/
Anyway, thank you very much for your help and your prompt responses Smiley Happy

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads