One Star

[resolved] Configure the memory settings INI file

Hi there,
I would like to know how I can make optimum use of my current hardware settings by editing the INI files associated with the executable. Talend says the default values are: -vmargs -Xms40m -Xmx500m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m.
And they say if you have  512M of memory on your computer then the settings should configured as follows: -vmargs -Xms40m -Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=64m
My default settings when I installed MDM Open Studio are: -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx1536m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
Anyway, I can't see any correlation between any of these settings. 
My server settings are:
Processor: Intel(R) Xeron(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed memory (RAM):  15.0GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
So how can I configure this INI file to ensure optimum use of the resources available (considering also that I have the whole Talend Open Studio suite installed)?
Thanks,
Facoda
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Configure the memory settings INI file

Hi Facoda
There is no a standard configuration, because the system resource of each computer and consumption are different.  In general, you can allocate more memory to Talend Studio if you have enough memory available, and that's fine as long as you feel that studio running very smoothly. In this article, you can find recommended configurations for different system.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Configure the memory settings INI file

Hi Facoda
There is no a standard configuration, because the system resource of each computer and consumption are different.  In general, you can allocate more memory to Talend Studio if you have enough memory available, and that's fine as long as you feel that studio running very smoothly. In this article, you can find recommended configurations for different system.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business