[resolved] Can't start MDM Server on Windows: startup.bat appears to nothing

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] Can't start MDM Server on Windows: startup.bat appears to nothing

When I click on startup.bat to get the MDM server started, the console appears very briefly without much readable text and disappears.
I have the directory permissions changed from read only and have the JAVA_HOME and PATH set up according to instructions.
It was actually working a few days ago, but something changed and now it is not. I even re-installed the server, and tried again without success. How do I troubleshoot this?

-Hemant

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Can't start MDM Server on Windows: startup.bat appears to nothing

Looks like the Java got updated on my system and the path was no longer valid.
Changed from what was jre1.8.0_101 to jre1.8.0_111. It is working now.

All Replies

Re: [resolved] Can't start MDM Server on Windows: startup.bat appears to nothing

Hi,
What's the JDK version you are using? Did you install appropriate JDK version? On which build version you got this issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This is TOS_MDM-Server-20161026_1219-V6.3.0 using jre1.8.0_111

-Hemant
One Star

Looks like the Java got updated on my system and the path was no longer valid.
Changed from what was jre1.8.0_101 to jre1.8.0_111. It is working now.

Hi,
Great this issue is fixed. Thanks for your prompt reply and set this topic as resolved.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch