Visible Rule based on connected user

Highlighted
One Star PoG
One Star

Visible Rule based on connected user

Hi,

I would like to display or hide some fields of my model's entities depending on the user logged in into the Web UI.
I've been able to set visibility rules on fields based on their value/value of another field but don't know how to bring the currently logged user into the equation.

Despite the documentation stating :
"To define whether to hide/show the selected attribute from a data record in Talend MDM Web User Interface for a specific role."
[font=noto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I couldn't find any further mention of this functionality
[/font]
Any help/tip/idea would be greatly appreciated ! 
Thanks !
PoG
Employee

Re: Visible Rule based on connected user

Yes, for a specific role. You have to define the role that can access the specific field , did you check  "set roles with no access"?
One Star PoG
One Star

Re: Visible Rule based on connected user

Thanks for your quick reply ! 

Yes this covers some of my needs (hiding fileds all the time for all users with a sprecific role) but I have some more complex cases.

For example I need fields to show all the time to one precise role but only when the date contained in one of the fields is in the past to the other roles

Can I get the user's role into the visible rule to create those more complex conditions ?

Thanks ! 
PoG

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch