One Star

Taxonomy in Talend

Hi
I'm new in Talend. May be someone can help me to solve the following issues:
I have hierarchical dictionary "Classifier" and simple dictionary "Goods".
Entity - Classifier
Attributes - CategoryId
Name
ParentCategoryId
For example:
CategoryId Name ParentCategoryId
1 Milk -
1.1 Soft milk 1
1.1.1 Child soft milk 1.1
2 Meat -
2.1 Pork 2
Entity - Goods
Attributes - ID
Name
ClassifierCategory (FK to Classifier.CategoryId)
Additional
So I need:
1. I need to make hierarchy for entity 'Classifier', but i can't deploy data model with relationship within one entity. Is it possible?
2. I want users to add a new category (child and sibling) to the Classifier dictionary in hierarchy explorer. Is it possible? Now i can add only sibling one and have one-tier hierarchy.
3. I organaize hierarchy: child-parent, pivots - goods and classifier. So can i add a spicific attributes for each classifier category for goods' records? For example, if i add goods into "child soft milk" category, the goods' records are added automatically with special attributes such as 'possible age', 'fatness' and so on.
Another example, i have regions (or states) classifier, so i want to have a special set of attributes for each region. Also i want to have a spesific value in attribute 'Additional' (vide supra) for each region automatically.
Please, help me with that quastions. ?ow can I make such structure?
I use Talend Platform for MDM v5.3.1_104014.
Thanks
Ragards
5 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Taxonomy in Talend

Hi,
1) yes, recursive relationships are allowed (and work). Can you elaborate a bit on the error you get?
2) I think it is possible. If you meet an issue, please file a bug on jira.talendforge.org.
3) What you want to achieve sounds like inheritance to me: you have a "Goods" entity and specializations of this entity. But this doesn't work if a "Goods" instance can change its Classifier over time.
One Star

Hello
Thank you for your answer.
1. Yes, you are right. At the result I could deploy data model with recursive relationships. So if I choose as a FK path PK, the error will occur. If i choose as a FK path Entity, everythig will be ok.
2. Yes, you are right i could do after creating recursive relationships.
But I have another problem. I can't add value like '1.1' as a PK and create hierarchy like i want. I asked about it in forum: http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31265
Can you recommend anything for me?
3. So I want to create hierarchical dictionary, there the set of attributes for records depends on the category the record have. Is it possible?
Thanks,
Regards
One Star

Hello
Thank you for your help. I wrote to Talend Professional Support and they helped me to solve my problem with 'dot' in PK.
Thanks,
Regards
One Star

Hello
But may be anyone can help me with that issue:
I want organize something like this - see screenshot: The hierarchical dictionary where childs has its own set of properties with its values.
Is it possible in Talend MDM?
Regards,
Elena
One Star

Hi Lesanka,
I have a similar requirement..Can you please let me know how did you establish the recursive relationship in a single entity.?Or if you had followed any documentation ,please share that as well.
Thanks ,
Shrihari.