Four Stars

Talend Open Studio Crashes with jre 1.8.0_92

Dear all
before anyone else gets grey hairs and close to total despair: I have experienced with TOS Version 6.1 and above random jvm crashes bringing down TOS itself with no trace other than a jvm crash report (hs_err_pidxxxx.log). The issue materialized by following actions:
- hover over java code in the editor to show annotations
- using content assist trying to expand a java object to show its methods and members
- opening an expression editor e.g. using a tMap and opening the expression editor pop-up window
- using java debugging view and hovering over code at a breakpoint stop and trying to display java object information
I have been using Oracle Java version Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.92-b14, mixed mode) under Windows 7. The hs_err_pid files look different in terms of Internal Exceptions etc, but you will always find following line in it:
Current CompileTask:
C2:1175821 29974       4       org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.TypeConverter::decodeType (1094 bytes)
I have opened a bug issue with Oracle but they claim it is not reproducable and closed it.
I have rolled back to a previous java version for the TOS JRE (in my case to 1.8.0_51) and everything works again like a charm...
Cheers
Zeno
9 REPLIES

Re: Talend Open Studio Crashes with jre 1.8.0_92

Hi,
Is there any error message which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina
I have no traces in the eclipse log files. I assume since the jvm itself crashes there is no chance for TOS to log anything.
Cheers
Zeno

Hi,
This issue is probably caused by JDK.
Did you also create a jira issue on Talend Bug Tracker?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Zeno, 
The same exact issue is happening to me. I am using TOS for Data Integration 6.1.1 and tried using 6.2 both with JRE 1.8.0_92. I tried the following with no success:

Allocating more memory to Talend
Setting the target JRE to 1.8.0_91 in Talend Preferences
Setting the target JRE to 1.8.0_60 in Talend Preferences
Changing the Target path on my Talend shortcut to C:\development\applications\TOS_DI-20151214_1327-V6.1.1\TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe -vm "C:\development\sdk\jdk1.8.0_92\jre\bin\javaw.exe" This makes Talend run as a javaw process instead of a TOS_DI-win... process

The fix that worked for me was to specify JRE 1.8.0_60 in the target path of my Talend shortcut
C:\development\applications\TOS_DI-20151214_1327-V6.1.1\TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe -vm "C:\development\sdk\jdk1.8.0_60\jre\bin\javaw.exe"

Is this issue already opened on the Talend Bug Tracker?
Four Stars

Dear all
I have reported the issue now with Talend Issue Tracker as TMDM-9796
Cheers
Zeno
Four Stars

Dear all
issue has been moved to TUP-5025
Cheers
Zeno

Hi,
Thanks for your contribution.We will keep you posted on this issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi to all,
i'm trying to install the last version of Talend, but i getting the below error message : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
The installed JRE is 1.7.0_79, then my question is if Talend is compatible with this version.
Thanks
Simone

Hi,
Are you using Talend 6.2.1? Please upgrade your jdk version to see if it works.
Please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java environments
Best regards
Sabrina
--