Talend MDM: replace H2 database by MSSQL

Six Stars

Talend MDM: replace H2 database by MSSQL

Hi everybody,

On my computer, I have Talend MDM Studio 6.4.1 configured with H2 embedded database and Tomcat server.

I would like to replace H2 by a MSSQL 13.0 SQLEXPRESS database existing on a server of mine to store my data.

I've tried to uninstall MDM server in order to reinstall it with MSSQL database, but when I reinstalled it, the only proposed database was H2 embedded, shame...

So I tried to install manually driver for SQL Server JTDS 1.3.1 configuring <mdm.root>\conf\datasources.xml like this:

• connection-driver-class = net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver 
  • connection-url = jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xxxx:1433/xxxx;instance=SQLEXPRESS;tds=8.0;lastupdatecount=true

This error appear:

INFO  [com.amalto.core.storage.datasource.DataSourceFactory] Reading from datasource file at 'C:\Talend MDM\Server_MDM\conf\datasources.xml'.
WARN  [org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext] Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultXmlServer' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Talend%20MDM/Server_MDM/apache-tomcat/webapps/talendmdm/WEB-INF/lib/org.talend.mdm.core-6.4.1.jar!/META-INF/mdm-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.amalto.core.server.DefaultXmlServer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

[...]

ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultXmlServer' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Talend%20MDM/Server_MDM/apache-tomcat/webapps/talendmdm/WEB-INF/lib/org.talend.mdm.core-6.4.1.jar!/META-INF/mdm-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.amalto.core.server.DefaultXmlServer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

I have exactly the same result with SQLJDBC42 configuring <mdm.root>\conf\datasources.xml like this:

• connection-driver-class = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
  • connection-url = jdbc:sqlserver://xxxx:1433/xxxx;instance=SQLEXPRESS

Help Talend on-line : https://help.talend.com/reader/fYgNt1g4TH5EfnC56N~VDA/gHdh3KeBp69M2InuEpzCXQ

Thanks for your help.

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Talend MDM: replace H2 database by MSSQL

Hi...

Here is the answer:

SQL Server isn't supported by TOS MDM : https://help.talend.com/reader/PLNWpLn2RWN6e90SvPJKmQ/SFXh5Z4NK3RRr7feoSiX0A

Only the merchandised MDM version supportes SQL Server.

All Replies

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio for MDM product or subscription solution V 6.4.1? The talend help page you are referring is for Talend Data Fabric subscription solution.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I'm using talend open studio for MDM V 6.4.1.

I'm watching also this doc: https://help.talend.com/reader/jHfyetfRLRZT0VC1geH~EQ/5FqoBNnM0TWo2OeGW~4DOw

Thanks

Six Stars

Do you have some idea ?

Six Stars

Hello,

I have changed the dialect like this: <dialect>SQLServer</dialect> and now I get this error message:

Not supported database type 'SQL_SERVER'

Does that mean Talend open studio for MDM V 6.4.1 doesn't support SQL_Server ???

I don't understand because I already use connection MSSQL into my jobs successfully.

Please, I'm getting crazy ;\

Thanks for your help

Six Stars

Hi...

Here is the answer:

SQL Server isn't supported by TOS MDM : https://help.talend.com/reader/PLNWpLn2RWN6e90SvPJKmQ/SFXh5Z4NK3RRr7feoSiX0A

Only the merchandised MDM version supportes SQL Server.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download