Six Stars

Talend MDM: replace H2 database by MSSQL

Hi everybody,

On my computer, I have Talend MDM Studio 6.4.1 configured with H2 embedded database and Tomcat server.

I would like to replace H2 by a MSSQL 13.0 SQLEXPRESS database existing on a server of mine to store my data.

I've tried to uninstall MDM server in order to reinstall it with MSSQL database, but when I reinstalled it, the only proposed database was H2 embedded, shame...

So I tried to install manually driver for SQL Server JTDS 1.3.1 configuring <mdm.root>\conf\datasources.xml like this:

• connection-driver-class = net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver 
  • connection-url = jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xxxx:1433/xxxx;instance=SQLEXPRESS;tds=8.0;lastupdatecount=true

This error appear:

INFO  [com.amalto.core.storage.datasource.DataSourceFactory] Reading from datasource file at 'C:\Talend MDM\Server_MDM\conf\datasources.xml'.
WARN  [org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext] Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultXmlServer' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Talend%20MDM/Server_MDM/apache-tomcat/webapps/talendmdm/WEB-INF/lib/org.talend.mdm.core-6.4.1.jar!/META-INF/mdm-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.amalto.core.server.DefaultXmlServer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

[...]

ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultXmlServer' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Talend%20MDM/Server_MDM/apache-tomcat/webapps/talendmdm/WEB-INF/lib/org.talend.mdm.core-6.4.1.jar!/META-INF/mdm-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.amalto.core.server.DefaultXmlServer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

I have exactly the same result with SQLJDBC42 configuring <mdm.root>\conf\datasources.xml like this:

• connection-driver-class = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
  • connection-url = jdbc:sqlserver://xxxx:1433/xxxx;instance=SQLEXPRESS

Help Talend on-line : https://help.talend.com/reader/fYgNt1g4TH5EfnC56N~VDA/gHdh3KeBp69M2InuEpzCXQ

Thanks for your help.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Talend MDM: replace H2 database by MSSQL

Hi...

Here is the answer:

SQL Server isn't supported by TOS MDM : https://help.talend.com/reader/PLNWpLn2RWN6e90SvPJKmQ/SFXh5Z4NK3RRr7feoSiX0A

Only the merchandised MDM version supportes SQL Server.

5 REPLIES

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio for MDM product or subscription solution V 6.4.1? The talend help page you are referring is for Talend Data Fabric subscription solution.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I'm using talend open studio for MDM V 6.4.1.

I'm watching also this doc: https://help.talend.com/reader/jHfyetfRLRZT0VC1geH~EQ/5FqoBNnM0TWo2OeGW~4DOw

Thanks

Six Stars

Do you have some idea ?

Six Stars

Hello,

I have changed the dialect like this: <dialect>SQLServer</dialect> and now I get this error message:

Not supported database type 'SQL_SERVER'

Does that mean Talend open studio for MDM V 6.4.1 doesn't support SQL_Server ???

I don't understand because I already use connection MSSQL into my jobs successfully.

Please, I'm getting crazy ;\

Thanks for your help

Six Stars

Hi...

Here is the answer:

SQL Server isn't supported by TOS MDM : https://help.talend.com/reader/PLNWpLn2RWN6e90SvPJKmQ/SFXh5Z4NK3RRr7feoSiX0A

Only the merchandised MDM version supportes SQL Server.