Talend MDM- Product Sample Project

Highlighted
Five Stars

Talend MDM- Product Sample Project

Hi,

Apologies, I was not able to find the appropriate category to put this question under.

I am working on Talend MDM Data Fabric 7.0. I have been trying to follow the task of price approval for a product - 

https://help.talend.com/reader/2DCF9Zr~H41elAR7baW8jw/uUQO2yhrtuDRj0Jt1S0wUQ

I am trying to make the price change in the product from the MDM Web URI through one user (mdmuser) and trying to get it approved by another user (mdmmgr). It takes me to the workflow portal and I am able follow all the steps. Once I approve the price change, the price does not reflect in the mdm web uri. I checked and saw that perhaps the MDM Context Connector is not configured in Talend Studio and so this is happening. Can you please help. I have attached a word document (price_change_screenshots.docx) that contains the screenshot of all the steps including the MDM Context Connector issue. Can you please help on what the issue could be. Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Talend MDM- Product Sample Project

I was able to resolve the issue. In the MDMContextConnector form, I needed a user name and password that I have created within TAC. I used a user with admin privileges in MDM and MDM Web URI (in TAC). The End Point URL was not required (may be because it was a local installation). Also the error on that form (when you test) does not impact the functioning so ignore it for this problem. The other mistake I was making was to change the price by 2000%. If you look at the the bonita logs, it will tell you that the price can only be changed by maximum 15%. When I changed the price to within 15% increase, the change reflected in MDM Web URI.

Attached screenshot of mdmcontextconnector. Ignore the error highlighted in yellow and press next and finish.

All Replies
Five Stars

Sorry forgot to attach the screenshots. Attached now.

Five Stars

I was able to resolve the issue. In the MDMContextConnector form, I needed a user name and password that I have created within TAC. I used a user with admin privileges in MDM and MDM Web URI (in TAC). The End Point URL was not required (may be because it was a local installation). Also the error on that form (when you test) does not impact the functioning so ignore it for this problem. The other mistake I was making was to change the price by 2000%. If you look at the the bonita logs, it will tell you that the price can only be changed by maximum 15%. When I changed the price to within 15% increase, the change reflected in MDM Web URI.

Attached screenshot of mdmcontextconnector. Ignore the error highlighted in yellow and press next and finish.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Managing a Stewardship Campaign

In this video, you will see how to assign your best team members specific tasks to reconcile, correct, merge, arbitrate or group pre-determined data and achieve quality, clean data in a limited time

Watch Now

Talend Data Stewardship – What does it have to offer?

In this short series, you will see how Talend Data Stewardship transforms your employees into data citizens and enables them with self-service capabilities to control their quality data

Watch Now