Talend MDM Primary Key configurations

Highlighted
One Star

Talend MDM Primary Key configurations

Hi Everyone.  I have a requirement to have a combination of two fields as a primary key and that was achieved by selecting the "add key fields" option from the entity.
The other requirement is I need to set up the same key as foreign key to another field in another table.
Is it possible??
In the Screenshot attached I need the SrcSysId field also to be a foreign key to another table so that I can use the drop down options of the foreign key to select the values.
Please Respond if anyone has idea on this.
Employee

Re: Talend MDM Primary Key configurations

do you need the SrcSysId  to filter the dropdown SorceDescription?
One Star

Yes.The requirement is to have a single field as both UK and foreign key(SrcSysId), And It should have the option to select from the drop down like how a foreign key has.
Employee

I dont think you really need a composite key.. have you looked at the foreign key filter?
this will translated in something like select SorceDescription from table where SrcSysId=yourfield
One Star

Correct.For population of SourceDescription ,I have done that ..But the requirement is to have a composite key with SrcSysId as one of the fields with another field and that SrcSysId must show all the values in drop down like how a foreign key shows.In other words ,It has to be set as both primary key and foreign key.Am I clear with my question??
One Star

Hi ,Any Update on this??? Can we have a same field as both primary key and foreign key??

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch