Role System_Interactive does not exist

One Star

Role System_Interactive does not exist

Hi,
I install TalendMDM 5 on a Linux (Debian distribution)
At the end of installation, i want to try the Web UI : localhost:8080/talendmdm with user/password "user/user".
I have a message : "The Role System_Interactive does not exist".
Any idea ?
Thank you
Gilles
Employee

Re: Role System_Interactive does not exist

Hi Gilles,
Do you have any error/exception when you start the server? What version of Java are you using?
Thanks,
François.
One Star

Hi François,
Thanks for your response
I don't think i had any problem when i start server. I'm using java 1.6.
I first tried whith windows 7 but i had the same problem
I have an other problem on TalendStudio : i had create a data model and when i want to deploy on the server, i have a message "Any cluster ..." and in the server log, i see "connection refused". Is there the same problem ?
Employee

Gilles please send your server.log our way.
One Star

Hi ctoum, François
In fact, i have an exception (extract from server log)
2012-01-16 15:22:23,181 97542 ERROR (EJB-Timer-1326723667657Smiley Happy Auto Configuration in the background: unable to access the XML Server wrapper
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: xmldb not bound
at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)
at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:270)
at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:270)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:667)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
at com.amalto.core.objects.configurationinfo.ejb.ConfigurationInfoCtrlBean.ejbTimeout(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:158)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:169)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:350)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:181)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:168)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)
at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:648)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimedObjectInvokerImpl.callTimeout(TimedObjectInvokerImpl.java:99)
at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimerImpl$TimerTaskImpl.run(TimerImpl.java:561)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
2012-01-16 15:22:23,192 97553 ERROR (EJB-Timer-1326723667657Smiley Happy RuntimeException in method: public abstract void javax.ejb.TimedObject.ejbTimeout(javax.ejb.Timer):
java.lang.RuntimeException: Auto Configuration in the background: unable to access the XML Server wrapper
at com.amalto.core.objects.configurationinfo.ejb.ConfigurationInfoCtrlBean.ejbTimeout(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:158)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:169)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:350)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:181)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:168)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)
at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:648)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimedObjectInvokerImpl.callTimeout(TimedObjectInvokerImpl.java:99)
at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimerImpl$TimerTaskImpl.run(TimerImpl.java:561)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
2012-01-16 15:22:23,209 97570 ERROR (EJB-Timer-1326723667657Smiley Happy Error invoking ejbTimeout: javax.ejb.EJBException: RuntimeException
2012-01-16 15:22:23,225 97586 INFO (mainSmiley Happy Bound EJB LocalHome 'XmlServerSLWrapper' to jndi 'amalto/local/xmldb/xmlserverslwrapper'
2012-01-16 15:22:23,272 97633 INFO (mainSmiley Happy Bound EJB Home 'XmlServerSLWrapper' to jndi 'amalto/remote/xmldb/xmlserverslwrapper'
Employee

It's a port issue. JNDI is looking up on the wrong port.
Q1: how did you install the software? izpack jar is not the correct answer. The correct answer is the bitrock executable ".run" in Linux, ".exe" on Windows. Or you must know what you are doing.
Q2: how did you set the ports? The default port is 8180, not 8080.
One Star

Thank you for your analysze.
Answer 1 : by .run in Linux on a VM (TOS_MDM-Server-r74687-V5.0.1-linux-installer.run)
Answer 2 : I did not choose (we can't choose it seems) during the installation, how can i change the port now ?
One Star

I tried a custom installation and specified 8180 the port, but i have the same result : a port 8080
One Star

I finally changed the file server.xml in "mdm\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default\deploy\jboss-web.deployer" :
at the line "<Connector port="8180" address="${jboss.bind.address}" change 8080 by 8180
and it's ok now.
Highlighted
Employee

Good job.
Obviously the installer is flawed.
For the sake of completeness, the best practice is to use the binding service manager, because it changes the ports everywhere. JBoss has many services & containers with their own config file. Doing it in the binding service manager ensures it does it everywhere.
Uncomment this part and update "ServerName" in the file: jboss/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml to ports-default, ports-01 or ports-02.
<mbean code="org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingManager"
name="jboss.system:service=ServiceBindingManager">
<attribute name="ServerName">ports-01</attribute>
<attribute name="StoreURL">${jboss.home.url}/server/default/conf/bindings.xml</attribute>
<attribute name="StoreFactoryClassName">
org.jboss.services.binding.XMLServicesStoreFactory
</attribute>
</mbean>
"ports-default" is self explanatory. Web will be 8080, rmi 1098, jndi 1099 etc.
"ports-01" will change everything with the following scheme:
web: 8080 --> 8180
jndi: 1099 --> 1199
and so on. It is what the installer was supposed to do.
One Star

I too had the same problem. ctoum solution worked.
I am running Talend 5 on Windows 7.