Process and Trigger

Highlighted
One Star

Process and Trigger

Hi All,
I am working on Talend 561 for MDM with Bigdata edition.

I have a requirement in Talend MDM - "To update Timestamp with current date automatically whenever user tries to update a record in MDM UI manually".
I have tried with Before saving process to update a timestamp with current date.
I was able to get the value but it is not getting saved in MDM.

I created a job using   tMDMTriggerInput -->txmlmap --> tMDMTriggerOutput --> tlogrow --> tBufferOutput

xml structure in txmlmap
<exchange>
<report>
<Update>
<UserName>xxxxx</UserName>
<Source>genericUI</Source>
<TimeInMillis>1440113141834</TimeInMillis>
<RevisionID>null</RevisionID>
<DataCluster>xxxxx</DataCluster>
<DataModel>xxxxx</DataModel>
<Concept>T_AMA_STATE_CODE</Concept>
<Key>0555</Key>
<Item>
<path>CDE_STUS_CDE</path>
<oldValue>ACTIVE</oldValue>
<newValue>PENDING</newValue>
</Item>
<OperationType>UPDATE</OperationType>
</Update>
</report>
<item>
<T_AMA_STATE_CODE>
<ST_CDE>0555</ST_CDE>
<ST_DESC>DESCRIPTION MISSING</ST_DESC>
<CDE_STUS_CDE>PENDING</CDE_STUS_CDE>
<LAST_UPD_TSTMP></LAST_UPD_TSTMP>
</T_AMA_GENDER_CODE>
</item>
</exchange>

I was able to see the value for LAST_UPD_TSTMP(with currentdate) in mdm server console.
|MDM_Message                                                                                                                                                                    |<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<exchange><report><Update><UserName>xxxxx</UserName><Source>genericUI</Source><TimeInMillis>1440113141834</TimeInMillis><RevisionID>null</RevisionID><DataCluster>xxxxx</DataCluster><DataModel>xxxxx</DataModel><Concept>T_AMA_STATE_CODE</Concept><Key>0555</Key><Item><path>CDE_STUS_CDE</path><oldValue>ACTIVE</oldValue><newValue>PENDING</newValue></Item><OperationType>UPDATE</OperationType></Update></report><item><T_AMA_STATE_CODE><ST_CDE>0555</ST_CDE><ST_DESC>DESCRIPTION MISSING</ST_DESC><CDE_STUS_CDE>PENDING</CDE_STUS_CDE><LAST_UPD_ID>xxxx</LAST_UPD_ID><LAST_UPD_TSTMP>2015-08-20</LAST_UPD_TSTMP></T_AMA_STATE_CODE></item></exchange>|

But when I try to save in MDM, It is giving following exception 
"The Validation process did not return the expected message, the record was not saved."

Can any one let me know the solution for this?

Thanks
Silpa

Re: [resolved] Process and Trigger

Hi Silpa,

[color=#1f497d][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We saw that your topic has been resolved by yourself. If it is fixed, would you mind sharing your solution with us?[/font][/color]

[color=#1f497d][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Best regards[/font][/color]
[color=#1f497d][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sabrina[/font][/color]
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: [resolved] Process and Trigger

Can you please tell me how did you add the output_item in the before save process.?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download