One Star

Problem loading MDM with tMDMOutput

Hi, I am having difficulty loading some simple data into MDM using tMDMOutput. have gone through the various forums here but no luck.
I have created the MDM data model, got some csv data and configured a tWriteXMLField job which gives the following output if I hook it up to tLogRow:

"AGS"
"AGENCIES"

"BND"
"BOND"

"CAP"
"CAPITAL MARKETS"

If I then hook this up to tMDMOutput I get java rmi exceptions. Do I need to configure the XML tree in the tMDMOutput Advanced Settings? Any other pointers gratefully received....

18 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Problem loading MDM with tMDMOutput

So can anyone help me with this?
Employee

Hello,
What is your version of Talend ? In v4, the tMDMOutput components embeds the XML transformation: so, you have to do the transformation inside this component (not before in a tWriteXMLField).
You can do this by double-clicking on the tMDMOutput.
Regards
One Star

It is in V4 - so are you saying that tMDMOutput doesn't have to have XML on it's inbound side? Is there a V4 example of this anywhere?
Basically I want to to load some simple data from a csv file into MDM......
Employee

Hi,
Basically, all you have to do is to draw a tFileInput and link it to the tMDMOutput. Then, by double-clicking on the tMDMOutput, configure your XML tree just as you would do with the tWriteXML (in fact, the tMDMOutput embeds a tWriteXML component).
Regards
One Star

I have the same problem and your recommended fix did not correct the problem. Here is my error stack:
Exception in component tMDMOutput_1_In
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.rmi.RemoteException
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.rmi.RemoteException
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
at org.talend.mdm.webservice.XtentisBindingStub.putItemArray(XtentisBindingStub.java:5405)
at eas_etl_demo.load_emr_0_1.Load_EMR.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(Load_EMR.java:844)
at eas_etl_demo.load_emr_0_1.Load_EMR.runJobInTOS(Load_EMR.java:1041)
at eas_etl_demo.load_emr_0_1.Load_EMR.main(Load_EMR.java:915)
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:FCOH1W-4T6CGH1
java.rmi.RemoteException
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
at org.talend.mdm.webservice.XtentisBindingStub.putItemArray(XtentisBindingStub.java:5405)
at eas_etl_demo.load_emr_0_1.Load_EMR.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(Load_EMR.java:844)
at eas_etl_demo.load_emr_0_1.Load_EMR.runJobInTOS(Load_EMR.java:1041)
at eas_etl_demo.load_emr_0_1.Load_EMR.main(Load_EMR.java:915)
disconnected
One Star

After playing around - I still get java.rmi.RemoteException:
Also I had to switch the rmi port from 1099/1098 to 2099/2098 - Is there anywhere else these changes must be made beside jboss-services.xml?

Starting job Load_EMR at 09:19 08/06/2010.
connecting to socket on port 3710
connected
java.rmi.RemoteException
disconnected
Job Load_EMR ended at 09:19 08/06/2010.
One Star

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem. I am using Talend MDM Community Edition 4.0 (V4.1.0M3)
I am getting the exception "java.rmi.RemoteException" when trying to load data from a .csv file into the MDM. The input file has the following records
Id Name Description Price
-------------------------------------------------
1 Lux Detergents 23.5
2 Surf Detergents 75.3
3 Wheel Detergents 30.75
Please see the screen shots of the data model and the components used in the job.
Is there something wrong in the way the components are configured? how can I load the data into the MDM?
http://www.screencast.com/users/iris83/folders/Talend
http://www.screencast.com/users/iris83/folders/Talend
Error Log:
2010-09-14 16:04:36,406 ERROR SOAP request exception
java.rmi.RemoteException
at com.amalto.core.delegator.IXtentisWSDelegator.doPutItemWithCustomReport(Unknown Source)
at com.amalto.core.delegator.IXtentisWSDelegator.putItemWithReport(Unknown Source)
at com.amalto.core.ejb.XtentisWSBean.putItemWithReport(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor308.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)
at org.jboss.wsf.container.jboss42.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:85)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:158)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:169)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:350)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:181)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:168)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)
at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:648)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor202.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
at org.jboss.wsf.container.jboss42.InvocationHandlerEJB21.invoke(InvocationHandlerEJB21.java:147)
at org.jboss.ws.core.server.ServiceEndpointInvoker.invoke(ServiceEndpointInvoker.java:220)
at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.processRequest(RequestHandlerImpl.java:408)
at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.handleRequest(RequestHandlerImpl.java:272)
at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.doPost(RequestHandlerImpl.java:189)
at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.handleHttpRequest(RequestHandlerImpl.java:122)
at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.EndpointServlet.service(EndpointServlet.java:84)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:393)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:856)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:566)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1508)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
thanks in advance,
One Star

sorry for the mistake. the images are available at the below location
http://www.screencast.com/users/iris83
One Star

The problem is due to the format of the xml you are passing into the MDM Hubcomponent, it doesnt match your data model.

You have to change "rootTag" in the tMDMOutput XML tree to "Product"

Let us know how that works out for you.

thanks,

Thomas
One Star

The notes from Thomas above should fix this problem.
if you stil lhave issue, you may also want to try different credentials in your configuration of the tMDMOutput component. you are currently using the user/pass combo of admin/talend. perhaps try user/user. the admin credentials are typically reserved for management not data.
-Jim
One Star

Thank you Thomas and Jwalker for the solution.
I changed the "rootTag" to "Product" and it works fine now.
regards,
One Star

Rahul
Jan

Rahul
Feb

Rahul
March

Rohit
Jan

Rohit
Feb

Rohit
March

Ashish
Jan

Ashish
Feb

Ashish
March

This is the xml file having data which i need to upload in talend MDM
One Star

Starting job Test at 14:49 20/01/2011.
connecting to socket on port 3851
connected
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
disconnected
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:796)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.tFileInputXML_1Process(Test.java:2096)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.runJobInTOS(Test.java:2309)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.main(Test.java:2169)
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:01HW278702.india.tcs.com
java.rmi.RemoteException
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:796)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.tFileInputXML_1Process(Test.java:2096)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.runJobInTOS(Test.java:2309)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.main(Test.java:2169)

I am facing this error please help me out

here i have declare
root tag as root
its subelement as Customer_Records(which is the name of entity in Talend MDM)
its attribute as id
One Star

Hi honeybakliwal,
I don't know how your model is designed, but seeing the XML you posted above, the XML tree defined inside the tMDMOutput Component (try double clicking it) should be something like:

Rahul
Jan

As I stated, I don't know your model, but most certainly doesn't belong to your XML tree.
Hope it helps.
Best regards,
Diogo
One Star

I tried everything the above xml is my xml file that has to be parsed in tmdmoutput

i am facing this error again
Starting job Test at 12:02 21/01/2011.
connecting to socket on port 4018
connected
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
disconnected
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.tFileInputXML_1Process(Test.java:2029)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.runJobInTOS(Test.java:2242)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.main(Test.java:2102)
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:01HW278702.india.tcs.com
java.rmi.RemoteException
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.tFileInputXML_1Process(Test.java:2029)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.runJobInTOS(Test.java:2242)
at honeymdm.test_0_1.Test.main(Test.java:2102)
Job Test ended at 12:02 21/01/2011.
One Star

Please help me its really very urgent
Highlighted
One Star

I tried everything the above xml is my xml file that has to be parsed in tmdmoutput

Hi honeybakliwal,
You cannot output XML directly to tMDMOutput... You have to parse the XML, put it into output row, link it to tMDMOutput and then map it inside tMDMOutput (double click component) to the XML tree you defined on MDM model, without forgetting to set the loop element. tMDMOutput is not able to parse XML...
Best regards,
Diogo Afonso
Employee

Hi,
I just had the same problem but found the solution - hopefully this also helps you:
In the configuration of the XML tree in the tMDMOutput-component I just forgot to write the entities name (e. g. "Customer") instead of "rootTag" which is there by default!
Enjoy Talend!
Cheers