One Star

PK problems

Hi
I'm new in Talend and i have the following problems.
1st: I have the following dictionary:
Code Name
15.6 milk
15.78 meat
06.24 bread
etc.
The code is unique. I want to use this code as a primary key.
So I create the following data model:
Data model - ABC
Entity - Flat
Elements - subelement (PK, string)
name (string)

Now i try to add record with code 15.6 as a pk in GUI, but error occur - "Unable to load Flat,The item 'ABC.Flat.15.6' cannot be found".
If i press "Ok" and update the list of the records, the record with code 15.6 wil be listed. But i can't open this record because of the same error. I use ?racle 11g.
If i add record with code 15, the record will be saved successfully.
2d: So in order to solve that issue i add another pk (auto-increment string type) to that data model. But i don't want users see that attribute in GUI. I can't hide it in custom layout because it is requred element. If i set "No Acces" rights to the user's role, user will not be able save records in GUI.
Please, help me to solve one of these issues.
Thanks

2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: PK problems

Hi,
The use of '.' in the PK is limited (dot character is internally used to separate values in a composite PK). You may check https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMDM-5943, it adds a limited support for this (see https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMDM-5943?focusedCommentId=277259&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin....

One Star

Re:PK problems

Hi
Thank you. So I have problems with jira links:
1st link - "The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist"
2d link - "It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform".
So i understand this issue, but may be you can help me to hide PK in Web GUI? -
"2d: So in order to solve that issue i add another pk (auto-increment string type) to that data model. But i don't want users see that attribute in GUI. I can't hide it in custom layout because it is requred element. If i set "No Acces" rights to the user's role, user will not be able save records in GUI."
Thanks,
Regards