PK problems

One Star

PK problems

Hi
I'm new in Talend and i have the following problems.
1st: I have the following dictionary:
Code Name
15.6 milk
15.78 meat
06.24 bread
etc.
The code is unique. I want to use this code as a primary key.
So I create the following data model:
Data model - ABC
Entity - Flat
Elements - subelement (PK, string)
name (string)

Now i try to add record with code 15.6 as a pk in GUI, but error occur - "Unable to load Flat,The item 'ABC.Flat.15.6' cannot be found".
If i press "Ok" and update the list of the records, the record with code 15.6 wil be listed. But i can't open this record because of the same error. I use ?racle 11g.
If i add record with code 15, the record will be saved successfully.
2d: So in order to solve that issue i add another pk (auto-increment string type) to that data model. But i don't want users see that attribute in GUI. I can't hide it in custom layout because it is requred element. If i set "No Acces" rights to the user's role, user will not be able save records in GUI.
Please, help me to solve one of these issues.
Thanks

Employee

Re: PK problems

Hi,
The use of '.' in the PK is limited (dot character is internally used to separate values in a composite PK). You may check https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMDM-5943, it adds a limited support for this (see https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMDM-5943?focusedCommentId=277259&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin....

One Star

Re:PK problems

Hi
Thank you. So I have problems with jira links:
1st link - "The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist"
2d link - "It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform".
So i understand this issue, but may be you can help me to hide PK in Web GUI? -
"2d: So in order to solve that issue i add another pk (auto-increment string type) to that data model. But i don't want users see that attribute in GUI. I can't hide it in custom layout because it is requred element. If i set "No Acces" rights to the user's role, user will not be able save records in GUI."
Thanks,
Regards

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download