Four Stars

OPen Studio fo rMDM

Hello

My team is currently working on an application that will use Open Studio for MDM (Not Enterprise MDM).  We see the available MDM components and how we can build the model.  We have the following questions:

1) Do we need to build the Model? What does it give us?  Could we build our own model and use the components against it?

2) What do we need to use the MDM UI?  We have heard that the UI just gets data loaded into it.  Does it have to be the MDM model?

3) For the MDM Survivorship component , is it for the entire record or each field?

4) How are Match rules used in the Match component?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Five Stars

Re: OPen Studio fo rMDM

Hi,

I am also new to Talend MDM. However, I am sharing my knowledge on your requirements. Hope it will help you to some extent.

1) Do we need to build the Model? What does it give us?  Could we build our own model and use the components against it?

- We need to create Business model on our own. Model gives us the available entities, their schema and relationships among them. To use the components, we need to build our model first.

2) What do we need to use the MDM UI?  We have heard that the UI just gets data loaded into it.  Does it have to be the MDM model?

- As I know, MDM UI will be used mainly by Business people to vies the data based on their roles. However, you can use UI to create, modify, delete records, aslo for importing/exporting of records. 

3) For the MDM Survivorship component , is it for the entire record or each field?

4) How are Match rules used in the Match component?

- Sorry on this, I am also investigating on this with 6.3 Community edition. I will share details on it once I explored.