MDM Web UI : Licence error message

One Star VAD
One Star

MDM Web UI : Licence error message

Hi,
In order to work with MDM, I've installed the 4.1.2 version of TMDM_TDQEE-Server and TMDM_TDQEE-Studio on a virtual machine running under Windows XP and Java 1.6.
I have an issue with the MDM Web UI (login user/user).
I have the following message : "Error:No licence available, please input your valid licence"
I have no licence icon in the Menus panel to the left.
The fatclient works well with no licence issue (licence key filled at the first connection).
Can you, please, help me in fixing this problem ?
Thanks for any response.
Employee

Re: MDM Web UI : Licence error message

Hi,
Connect the MDM Web UI with administrator/administrator, go on the 'license' menu on the left.
Then, enter the license sent by Talend by clicking on 'edit the license key', and paste the whole key.
Last, generate a validation token to fully activate Talend MDM EE.
Hope that helps,
Cyril.
One Star VAD
One Star

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your response.
You're right : now it works ...
The Web UI documentation isn't very clear for this particular point, in my opinion :-))
Thanks and cheers
One Star

I have exactly the same problem, but the "Error:No license available, please input your valid license" persists.
Talend MDM Enterprise Edition With TDQ EE 4.2.3.
O/S Windows Server 2003
I used the "Browse" button on the admin Web UI and uploaded the licence.
logout/login as specified, and the expiry date is now in the future as expected.
But the Main Web UI just won't play ball.
I have also copied the license to the talend root directory on the server and under commandline where older licenses existed.
No change.
I need to demo this stuff to the bosses to convince them that this Talend Suite has something to prove.
Am getting desperate and frustrated....
Any ideas anybody :-D ?
One Star

my Eclipse Fatclient also works no problem ... just the WEB UI is giving me jip.
One Star

have rebooted the server, re-started the services, re-started all the "start_*.bat" commands for JBoss Tomcat and Jobserver
this doesn't have any impact.
Employee

Hi jimma,
So you say you uploaded the licence file. Does this server has an internet connectivity ?
If no, did you generate a validation token ?
Regards,
Cyril.
PS : Please open a new thread in the future for a question, to enhance forum readability.
One Star

thanks for the feedback. Yes, the server has an internet connection.
I have found out that I must enter the license on the WEB UI using the "administrator" user instead of the standard "user".
So a license must be renewed in four places:
1. On the WEB Admin GUI
2. On the Normal WEB Client UI
3. On the Eclipse Client
4. Physical copy of the license file under the "MDM" and "CommandLine" directories on the Server
What was missing for me was #2. When you are not logged in as "administrator" the the License Upload is not visible.
I created a new thread too, but yes you are right, I shouldn't have re-used this one.
Regards,
JimV
Employee

Jimma,
Glad you were able to solve your problem !
One remark though : there's no "Admin" or "Normal" Web UI.
There's only one WebUI, that you can connect using either "administrator/administrator" or "user/user" as a login on a fresh install.
As said at the beginning of this thread, only "administrator/administrator" can setup the licence in the MDM WebUI.
This must be done prior to do anything in the MDM.
Regards,
Cyril.