MDM Server install

One Star

MDM Server install

Hi: 
I've tried the MDM server install several times now, both on Windows 10 and on Windows Server, and I'm unable to get it to work like your script.  Everything seems to install, but there's no "run.bat" file to run after installing the server, and as such, I can't kick off the MDM server.  What am I doing wrong?  
I am installing Open Studio for MDM 6.1.1.  
Thanks, RP
Community Manager

Re: MDM Server install

Hi
MDM server is installed under Tomcat, go to <Tomcat installation directory>/bin and click startup.bat to launch MDM server. 
Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi,
I have been trying to install Talend Open Studio MDM V5.6.3 on my personal computer having OS - Windows 7 professional.
I have have JRE7. I'm not getting any error during MDM server installation. However, when I try to access through web browser, it does not seem to be working. Please note, I executed "run.bat" before accessing MDM server....the "run.bat" does nothing, it just pops up cmd window and disappear.
Could someone please help me to get MDM Open studio running ?
Thanks in advance !!!!!

Hi,
I am struggling to run the server on my localhost. Ran the startup.bat file which pops up and closes immediately.
> in my browser does not connect. Unable to connect server in the MDM studio
Can anyone point me in the right direction? 
Thanks
Four Stars

First thing you may want to check is JDK installation. I experienced same issue earlier. I had only Java runtime, hence I was unable to launch MDM server on localhost. I installed appropriate JDK version and it solved issue.
Good luck !!
One Star

Hi,
I am trying to install Open Studio for MDM 6.1.1 in windows 7. I am using JDK 1.7. I installed the MDM server and when I click on the startup.bat file , nothing happens .I am trying this for quite some time.Please help.
One Star

Hi,
I am struggling to run the server on my localhost. Ran the startup.bat file which pops up and closes immediately.
> in my browser does not connect. Unable to connect server in the MDM studio
Can anyone point me in the right direction? 
Thanks

Hi I am also facing the same issue. Is your issue resolved? Please suggest me on this.
One Star

I am also facing the same problem. When I run startup.bat file, it opens command shell and I can see few exceptions(e.g. Error while creating file "C:/Program Files/<MDM folder>/data/H2-Default") thrown in it.
Also note that I have successful working Java Run-time version 8 update 11.
Operating System - Windows 10
Browser - FireFox
Please Help..!!!
One Star

The problem was resolved by marking the file and folders where I installed MDM server as 'non Read-Only'. They must not be 'Read Only' fir the user who is running the MDM server app.
Follow following steps to mark folder access as required.
http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/12513-cant-unmark-read-only-folder.html