MDM Community Shows no data

Highlighted
Six Stars

MDM Community Shows no data

After much difficulty I have managed to install MDM Server 7.1 on a Linux Ubuntu server (the console based installation simply exists, I had to create a local script and modify that to script the remote installation)

I run the studio remotely, connect to the server and push the demo (Movie) data model.  Everything appears to be successful, but logging in to the server and trying to browse the data shows no entities in the dropdown (see image). 

Checking the server mdm.log file reveals:

2019-04-15 07:32:01,048 ERROR [com.amalto.core.storage.StorageLogger] ##### Error during storage preparation (force = true) ##### │
│java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not prepare 'UpdateReport'. │
20│ at com.amalto.core.storage.hibernate.HibernateStorage.prepare(Unknown Source) │
20│ at com.amalto.core.storage.SecuredStorage.prepare(Unknown Source) │
20│ at com.amalto.core.storage.CacheStorage.prepare(Unknown Source)

Re: MDM Community Shows no data

Hello,

There is no view from your screenshot. Did you deploy data view from your studio to MDM server as well? There should be data model, data cluster and view.

The error message you provided is not the cause for your problem. Would be good to get full log to determine what's underneath.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: MDM Community Shows no data

Looks like this is a common problem with MDM server on both Linux and Windows. I had the same issue where everything looks successful, however nothing shows up in the drop down.

Here is the link of the issue I logged.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Data-and-Metadata-Governance/MDM-Master-Data-Browser-Select-an-Entit....

Please keep me posted if you find any resolution.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download