Issue with Datetime column

One Star

Issue with Datetime column

I have a peculiar problem facing in talend Integration Service. I am transforming data from two table into MDM. In both table there is a date column called 'Crtd_Dt' type datetime. But the data is transfering for one table and another table it is giving error e.g ............ '2012-05-28 00:00:00' is not a valid value for 'date'.
:-1:-1: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '2012-05-28 00:00:00' of element 'Crtd_Dt' is not valid.
The Table for which it is happening the date combination is "2013-01-07 00:00:00" and another table for which it is giving some error the date combination is "2012-05-28 00:00:00"
Can you please tell me why this error is happening and how to resolve that. Since morning several times I recreated the components but it is giving the same error.
Seventeen Stars

Re: Issue with Datetime column

It looks like you read the datetime field as String field. Check the schema column if the schema column Crtd_Dt is has the type Date and not String. Normally these errors shopuld never happen if you read a date/time or timestamp column with the Talend type Date.
One Star

But the thing is it is not a string. The Crtd_Dt is a datetime column in the database . And I difined my MDM model also as a datetime column. Then how come this error is coming
One Star

I have used tMap and used Talend Date but it is giving same problem
Caused by: com.amalto.core.util.ValidateException: :-1:-1: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '2012-05-28' is not a valid value for 'dateTime'.
:-1:-1: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '2012-05-28' of element 'Crtd_Dt' is not valid.
Community Manager

Let me move this topic to the Talend MDM forum to raise awareness from the internal Talend MDM team.
Employee

Hi,
The expected datetime format (as specified by the "XML Schema data type" specification) is "yyyy '-' mm '-' dd 'T' hh ':' mm ':' ss ('.' s+)? (zzzzzz)?". (see http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime)
Can you try "2012-05-28T00:00:00" instead of "2012-05-28 00:00:00"?