Four Stars

Issue while creating multiple projects in MDM having same database

Hello Everyone,

I am using talend enterprise version 6.2 and i have issue in MDM development. So my scenario is, 

I am having one data model and data container for a project called MDM_DEV which is using Microsoft SQL server as backend DB. SO in the same instance i am creating one more project MDM_VAL. SO if i am importing all the objects from MDM_DEV to MDM_VAL then i can not deploy those data model and container in the server as both the projects using same server and same database, so it will be a conflict. So in MDM_VAL i have to rename all the objects from MDM then deploy those to server. 

So my question is, Is there any option to change the data model and data container name dynamically or through any script.

P.S. I have everything same in both the projects its just we have same instance for DEV and VAL.

Please help me in this regard.

2 REPLIES

Re: Issue while creating multiple projects in MDM having same database

Hi,

Sorry for late response.

We have forwarded your issue to our MDM experts and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

Re: Issue while creating multiple projects in MDM having same database

Hi, You need to think about your lucene indexes as well as all other elements which are configuration and not stored in the database.  I will suggest you get hold of a Talend consultant to go over your various configurations so that you get it right. 

You can tweak the MDM datasource.xml file, but not sure it will be enough for you.  Generally we recommend 1 MDM runtime per environment, which means you will to factor that in your architecture.  Hence, it is not just a config topic.  It is an architecture topic.