One Star

How to save data into mySql database?

Hello everyone,
In talend MDM web application we select a data model and corresponding data container where all the data save. Now I want to make a application where the values which are being given in talend web application will save at the musql database. Is it possible?

For example in a product data model there are 3 entities (productId,productName, productDescription).
- I create a data container named productdatacontainer.
- In talend web application I select data model as "product" and data container as "procuctdatacontainer". And now the data I am giving as productId,productName and productDescription are getting saved in the data container 'productdatacontainer'.
Now i want those data in mySql database which i have created. How to connect my database as data container?
Can anybody help me where to find this tutorial.
Please help me...... Smiley Sad
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: How to save data into mySql database?

Hi amitkhatua,
That's fairly easy to do. You'll have to create triggers that fire Jobs (or Process's, that themselfs will fire Jobs). Then you'll have to design the job to make the sync from MDM hub to MySQL database.
I think Job design is beyond the MDM forum and I'm sure you'll find a lot of examples on the Open Studio Forum.
You can also install the demo material on the MDM Studio that will give plenty of examples. Also be sure to follow the Manuals for Open Studio components.
Best regards,
Diogo
One Star

dear diogo,
thanks for your quick reply.....
I am all new in talend and various type of palettes are making me confusion to do that.
I can understand that for my application I need a job which will communicate with talend web UI and mysql database. And this job will be triggered by a trigger each time a new record is being created.
I tried to create the job but failed to that..
I know that I am missing very basic idea to figure out the application.. but i am totally clueless to design this job.
It will be very helpful if you kindly provide any demo or example about this matter...
thanks in advance!!!
amit
Employee

Just keep in mind that if you want to use a MySQL database as the datasource of your MDM that's not possible. I mean if you add an item into it, it wont appear in the Web UI of MDM. MDM store his data into XML database.
What Dafonso is talking about, it's synchronization between a relationnal Database and MDM. Its possible using the MDM event Manager (trigger and process).
You should try to do the tutorials and read the doc, MDM is a BIG product and it will take time to masterize it Smiley Wink
One Star

hello camsellem,
thanks for your valuable inputs....
Now I have another confusion..
When I'm inserting any data those data are going to a data container. And as per your point MDM stores those data in a xml database. But where is that database? how can i access this database? i downloaded a xml database (eXist) and connected it to talend in a standalone mode.then i can access those data. If i didn't do that then where those data store? I mean to say that is there any inbuilt xml DB in talend?
thank you very much for replying and helping me....
Amit

Hi,
Talend MDM CE has an XML eXist Database built in.
benjamin
One Star

http://{localhost}:8080/exist/admin/
check for the admin password in MDM.conf file
One Star

hi,
I want to take data from my own mysql database(say db1) and do something with those data and put that data in any other database (say db2). bassically i want to bypass the inbuilt exist database. Is it possible?
Amit