How to load a catalogue(Excel - xlsx) with Data using MDM studio ??

Five Stars

How to load a catalogue(Excel - xlsx) with Data using MDM studio ??

Hello there, 
I'm new to MDM (User of TOS DI product for more than 3 years) and testing/trying to understand features of MDM, I need some help to load a catalogue with data in it
I want to know answers for a couple of question in the first place
a) Is there a standalone process (using GUI - Browse/select and import file??) to import files into MDM??
b) Any particular component exists to read data from a very particular cell of any particular excel spreadsheet??

any help would be appreciated.
Thanks & Regards

Re: How to load a catalogue(Excel - xlsx) with Data using MDM studio ??

Hi,
Talend open studio for MDM product includes TOS DI,TOS MDM and TOS DQ bundles.

You can use TalendHelpCenter:tMDMOutput to writes master data in an MDM Hub.
For your very particular cell of any particular excel spreadsheet, could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: How to load a catalogue(Excel - xlsx) with Data using MDM studio ??

Thanks for your reply
I do understand that Talend MDM consists of TOS DI,MDM & DQ bundles. 
Talend MDM output (xml) can be used to write data to MDM hub and also to web services if required, am i right??

My example goes like this, I'm looking for a solution to read an excel spreadsheet which contains x number of sheets in it.
Here I'm looking to read data from 'Common Catalogue Data' sheet from particular cells like

Supplier Name - B2
Catalogue Name - B3
Currency - B4
Versions - B5,B6
Contact Details - F3,F4,F5,F6,F7
Product Details - all rows with data starting from A10 to end of sheet

I know tExcelInput/metadata excel component reads data in general(first row to last row), but don't understand how to force it to read data in the particular way to i want it to be?