French character encoding issue in Talend

One Star

French character encoding issue in Talend

We are facing an issue while sending xml messages to IBM Sterling Message Queue through Talend (used tMomOutput component).
We are able to generate successful xml messages with proper encoding as ?UTF-8? and could see the French characters as the output of tLogRow component in Talend.
But after consuming in Sterling end, we could see some unknown characters instead of French characters in the Sterling database.
If we process the same file through web methods, we can see the proper French characters in the database.
We compared the messages that coming from both web methods and Talend in the RFHUtil tool and found only the difference is in CODE PAGE value in RFH tab:
We manually changed that CODE PAGE value in RFHUtil to ?1208? and then write the updated message to the queue and once consumed it generated French characters properly.
Hence, It seems our challenge is to update the Code page value in RFH tab through Talend.(we are able to update the CODE PAGE value in MQMD tab through Talend and now it?s reflecting 1208 only)
PFA the screenshot of the code page issue and also both webmethods and talend messages from RFHUtil.
Any suggestion from your end would help us to resolve this issue.
One Star

Re: French character encoding issue in Talend

Hi,
I found the same error in the Talend Version 5.3
My solution :
Open the .ini file in the directory Talend and delete the instruction : « -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 », save your file and restart Talend.
For me, no more error Smiley Happy
One Star

Re: French character encoding issue in Talend

Hi
Thanks For your reply.
Can you please describe the above solution to me little bit in details so that i can overcome the problem.
Thanks in advance.
Koustav.
One Star

Re: French character encoding issue in Talend

Hi,
I'm facing the same issue with French characters in Talend OS 5.3.1 and the encoding of the output message should be UTF-8 with Code Page value 1208.
So, I followed the suggestion mentioned above and deleted the part '-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8' from TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file (my executable file is TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe for Talend 5.3.1) and restarted Talend.
But after executing Talend job I verified the message in Websphere MQ and found the value of 'Coded Character set identifier' as '437' instead of 1208. Seems the same issue persists..!!
Please suggest.

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download