Failed to connect to MDM server

Hello all,
I am trying to create an MDM connection from the Talend Open Studio but facing the below error -
"Failed to connect to MDM, please change MDM settings."
I am trying to connect to the server URL -
I am not even able to open this page from browser. Someone please help.
24 REPLIES

Re: Failed to connect to MDM server

Hi,
Are your username and password correct? Did you follow up document about:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedetting up the connection to set up your MDM connection?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for reply. Yes I followed exactly same steps.
I tried with - administrator/administrator and admin/talend
both are working fine when I open the browser application using the URL -
But one thing which I noticed is, I am not even able to open the below URL in browser -
It throwing the error - "HTTP 500 Internal Server error - The website cannot display the page." 

Hi,
Have you tried to use other browser to see if it works? What does the URL you are using in browser look like?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

The url is - http:// localhost:8081/talendmdm/services/soap
After debugging more, I found that the access log is showing 200 status, which means success
"127.0.0.1 - - "GET /talendmdm/services/soap?wsdl HTTP/1.1" 200 252342
But in mdm.log under the log folder, I found the error -
"An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
and in .log file under the metadata folder, I found the error -
"Root exception:
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Method getCustomForm is exposed as WebMethod, but there is no corresponding wsdl operation with name {}getCustomForm in the wsdlSmiley TongueortType{}TMDMService
I checked the WSDL, there is no operation named - getCustomForm

Hi,
The url is - http:// localhost:8081/talendmdm/services/soap

The port 8081 is Ok with you?
Could you please try to use IP address instead of localhost to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Sorry, that was a typo mistake. I am using the port is 8180 and the url is - localhost:8180/talendmdm/services/soap 
Yes I tried with IP address 127.0.0.1 also. But no luck.

Hi,
Is your MDM server up and running well?
Please try to enter the web server URL in the web browser:
http://localhost:8180/talendmdm/ui/
Here is on-line document about:TalendHelpCenter:Logging into the Web User Interface
Best regards
Sabrina

--

Yes, the MDM server is up and running and I am able to login with administrator/administrator credentials using the above mentioned URL.
This is critical to prepare for the client demo.

Hi,
On which build version you got this issue? 6.2.1?
Here is a jira issue :https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-33908 for version Server 6.0
Best regards
Sabrina
--

I am using the version - 6.2.1
I can see people having the similar type of issue for 6.2.1.
Could you please suggest some stable version where I can perform some POC's like data loading, matching and merging and survivorship for the client demo.
Is it only the community edition issue or the issue with enterprise edition also?
Thanks,
Trilok Singh Pawar

Hi,
This jira issue(Can't check connection successfully for a MDM metadata with Server 6.0) has been fixed on 6.1.
We cannot repro "Failed to connect to MDM server" on studio 6.2.1. Would you mind posting your MDM server connection setting screenshot into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Greetings,
I am experiencing a similar issue.  I am able to deploy MDM objects, (containers, data models, views, etc...), to the server from Open Studio.  However, from the Integration Perspective, I am getting the following error when I try to create an MDM Connection in the Metadata: "Failed to connect to MDM, please change MDM settings."
One Star

Here is the error being written to the internal Eclipse .log file:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2016-09-27 14:10:58.860
!MESSAGE 2016-09-27 14:10:58,860 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - 
!STACK 0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)...

Root exception:
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Method deleteCustomForm is exposed as WebMethod, but there is no corresponding wsdl operation with name {}deleteCustomForm in the wsdlSmiley TongueortType{}TMDMService...

Hi cgruver,
Could you please indicate the build version you are using? Can you connect to your MDM server by browser?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Good morning,
The build is:  6.2.1.20160704_1411
JDK version is: 1.8.0_65
OS is OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Yes, I can connect with the browser.
Thanks
One Star

Sabrina,
One more piece of information: The issue appears to be with the OpenStudio version 6.2.1.  I fired up my older copy of OpenStudio 6.1.1 and the connection is successful.
I used OpenStudio 6.1.1 to connect to the v6.2.1 MDM Server backend.
One Star

I am still experiencing this problem. Tried 6.1.2 and 6.2.1, latest jdk1.8.0_102 and jre1.8.0_102 on Windows 7. 
I am able to access via the UI on , and see the deployed models. Insert records etc.
Any help would be appreciated
One Star

There is an open Jira issue for this bug: 
"https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMDM-9925"
I have reverted my lab environment back to 6.1.1 until resolved.
One Star

Thanks cgruver 
I also tried 6.3RC, and it did not work either. I installed on different machines and tried x86 versions. Same problem. Eventually found 6.1.1, as you have specified, and that worked.
One Star

I am having the same problem as mentioned on this thread.  I've tried using 6.1.2 without success and haven't been able to locate 6.1.1.  It is not available on the Open Studio MDM download page.
Could someone point me to where I can download 6.1.1 to use until the bug is fixed?

Hi,
Please check this link:https://sourceforge.net/p/talend-mdm/activity/?page=0&limit=100#57ed52e334309d6fff6d4529 for  talend open studio for MDM.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Guys, found that there is an integrated MDM Studio inside zip, that is used to install MDM Server. You do not need to download separately Studio and MDM Server, they go together. 
So to fix this issue, you should use Studio that goes with MDM installer.
For people from Talend: it would make much more sense, if you would copy studio to the folder next to the server installed, to be consistent.
One Star

Greetings,
   There is a patch for this issue that you can use while the permanent fix is in the works:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TMDM-9925
Look in the comments.  There is a zipped jar file that you can download and replace the existing file in your studio install.
One Star

Confirmed the patch file cgruver posted worked with v.6.2.1. Thanks for sharing