Error when creating XML Metadata

Five Stars

Error when creating XML Metadata

Hello.

I am brand new in this community as a new Talend user.

I am trying to create XML Metadata.

To do this, I select a basic existing xml file and I define target schema.

But when I try to refresh preview. Error pop-up displays and say that preview failed, and that errors are generally due to incorrect encoding.

My file is correctly encoded in UTF-8. I tried to create XML Metadata on a colleague's computer and that was successful. 

Is there any possible root cause ? 

Here is the XML file content :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ROOT_TAG>
<TEST MSG="1"/>
</ROOT_TAG>

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error when creating XML Metadata

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? Are you installing JDK 1.8?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? Are you installing JDK 1.8?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hello.
Thanks for your answer.

You're right. This was a java issue. And it is now fixed.
I set Java 1.8 bin path in path variable of my computer.

And then, it was still not OK. It seems that Talend uses Java 1.7 by default. So I modified TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini to force Talend to plug with Java 1.8. I added these lines :

-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8

Heoo,

Or you can check your Talend Studio : Preferences--->Talend—>Java interpreter and specify it directly to your 1.8 JDK location.

Best regards

Sabrina

--