Documentations of tMDMBulkLoad

Five Stars

Documentations of tMDMBulkLoad

Hello,

I am looking for details about three functionalities of the component tMDMBulkLoad. Could you please tell me the use of :

- "Validate" : it means that if we uncheck the box we can insert any king of data in a Datamodel ? String instead of Integer, more columns, ... 

- "Insert only" : "check if data already exist" => Is the check only made with the "Key" columns of an entity ?

- "Use Transaction" : why choosing another connection ? The component tMDMBulkLoad already have his own connection. Is it to use tMDMCommit or tMDMRollback after the component ?

Thanks !

Re: Documentations of tMDMBulkLoad

Hello,

Here is online component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tMDMBulkLoad and the related scenario:TalendHelpCenter: Scenario: Loading records into a business entity

Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: Documentations of tMDMBulkLoad

Hello,

No, I already read the description of the component, that is why I am asking for details :

Validate : "Select this check box to validate the data you want to write onto the MDM server against validation rules defined for the current data model."
=> It means that if we uncheck the box we can insert any king of data in a Datamodel ? String instead of Integer, more columns, ...

Insert only : "Select this check box to skip the step of checking whether the data records to be inserted already exist on the MDM server"
=> Is the checking only made with the "Key" columns of an entity ? If the "Key" already exist or not ?

Use Transaction : "Select this check box then, in the Component List, click an existing connection component which will be used to commit the transaction."
=> So to have transaction, we have to select another connection because we can't tick "Use an existing connection" on this component ?

Thanks

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads