Six Stars

Documentations of tMDMBulkLoad

Hello,

I am looking for details about three functionalities of the component tMDMBulkLoad. Could you please tell me the use of :

- "Validate" : it means that if we uncheck the box we can insert any king of data in a Datamodel ? String instead of Integer, more columns, ... 

- "Insert only" : "check if data already exist" => Is the check only made with the "Key" columns of an entity ?

- "Use Transaction" : why choosing another connection ? The component tMDMBulkLoad already have his own connection. Is it to use tMDMCommit or tMDMRollback after the component ?

Thanks !

2 REPLIES

Re: Documentations of tMDMBulkLoad

Hello,

Here is online component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tMDMBulkLoad and the related scenario:TalendHelpCenter: Scenario: Loading records into a business entity

Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: Documentations of tMDMBulkLoad

Hello,

No, I already read the description of the component, that is why I am asking for details :

Validate : "Select this check box to validate the data you want to write onto the MDM server against validation rules defined for the current data model."
=> It means that if we uncheck the box we can insert any king of data in a Datamodel ? String instead of Integer, more columns, ...

Insert only : "Select this check box to skip the step of checking whether the data records to be inserted already exist on the MDM server"
=> Is the checking only made with the "Key" columns of an entity ? If the "Key" already exist or not ?

Use Transaction : "Select this check box then, in the Component List, click an existing connection component which will be used to commit the transaction."
=> So to have transaction, we have to select another connection because we can't tick "Use an existing connection" on this component ?

Thanks