Creating a new Oracle DB Connection

One Star

Creating a new Oracle DB Connection

I'm trying to create a new Metadata DB Connection in Open Studio 5.1.1
DBType: Oracle RAC
Db Version: Oracle 10
Server: DWMARTD2
String of Connection: DWMARTD2
When I click on the "Check" button, I got "Connection Failure. You must change the Database Settings." After I click on the "details", I got "impossible to initialize the connection".
I have no problem to connect to the server in TOAD on the same machine.
Please help!
Thanks in advance.
Shawn
Community Manager

Re: Creating a new Oracle DB Connection

Hi
I tested it on v5.1.1 and it works. You must have some wrong settings, please see my screenshot.
The server URL:
jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:@(description=(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=192.168.30.19)(port=1521))(connect_data=(service_name=talend)))
change it to fit your database.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks for your quick response, Shong.
I still have a few questions on this one:
1) For the "Server field", do we always need such a long URL? If so, Talend may change the field label to Server URL instead of "Server". Otherwise, user may assume it's just a server name.
2) Do we need to specify the exact IP address for the "host"? Will Open Studio be able resolve a server name to IP address?
3) It seems that the "String of Connection" is always the same as "Server" field. Do we really need both fields here?
Cheers!
One Star

Finally, I figured out the easiest way to find the info based on Shong's suggestion.
I used "tnsping" to get the whole connection string. Then, you can get all the info you need for the connection setup.
Cheers!
One Star

I am facing a weird problem.
when I give the connection string as mentioned above and then check, it works fine. After that when i click the connection either in profiling or from MDM the service_name is being empty and the connection fails. 
I dont know why the service_name becomes empty once i come out of the connect screen. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.