Four Stars

Create a drop down list field with Talend MDM

Hello everybody,

I work on Talend Open Studio for MDM and I wish to create a field drop-down list among the fields of a table. I want that the values of this drop-down list come from a distant MSSQL database, or from any other resources.

On all the forums that I browsed, it is possible to make it by linking entities between them with a foreign key. However, the valuable list appears in a tab instead of a drop-down list as I wish it (not very practical for the user)

Can you help me please? 

Thank you in advance for your answers

2 REPLIES

Re: Create a drop down list field with Talend MDM

Hello,

powerMDM wrote:

Hello everybody,

I work on Talend Open Studio for MDM and I wish to create a field drop-down list among the fields of a table. I want that the values of this drop-down list come from a distant MSSQL database, or from any other resources.

On all the forums that I browsed, it is possible to make it by linking entities between them with a foreign key. However, the valuable list appears in a tab instead of a drop-down list as I wish it (not very practical for the user)

Can you help me please? 

Thank you in advance for your answers

Sorry for delay!

You need set the Data Model Types as enumeration.

Please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedetting up a data model for details

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Create a drop down list field with Talend MDM

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks you for your answer but I have already created my data model with a field drop down list as you suggest.

Now, I want to have the same result with a table outside the datamodel.

For example, imagine I have a table based on a list of town with a field area. I want that my field area will be a drop down list from a table area in a MSSQL database.

Is there any possibility to have this result ?

Much thanks

Best regards

powerMDM