One Star

AD Integration with MDM SSO

Hello,
I am working on Active Directory Integration with SharePoint to Talend MDM on Single Sign On.
Here MDM URL is added to SharePoint Portal and it is working fine. (whenever the MDM link clicked in the SharePoint portal, it will show the MDM welcome screen).
My issue is, How to connect one click from SharePoint to MDM with same user Credentials?
Please any one help me out regarding this issue.
2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: AD Integration with MDM SSO

1) Authentication
MDM uses JAAS for authentication. You can switch to jboss/server/default/conf/login-config.xml_LDAP to authenticate against the AD instead of the built-in authentication. You will still be required to add the users in MDM because MDM attaches roles & properties to the user so it needs to store that somewhere (note: even though the password is mandatory in the provisioning model, it won't be used; set it to anything you like, the AD will do the authentication, not MDM).
2) SSO
There is no SSO module built-in MDM. You will need to develop your own JAAS login module to perform a trusted authentication with your AD or through 3rd party SSO agent (Siteminder is often mentioned). This is not trivial and there are caveats specific to JBoss; see for instance http://devnet.jetbrains.net/thread/291145;jsessionid=CC1E0554EF8DDAD5D6F3A6D258C665B7?tstart=-1
One Star

Re: AD Integration with MDM SSO

Hello Ctoum,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Basically we are very new to the LDAP. So, could you please tell us how can we set jboss/server/default/conf/login-config.xml_LDAP to authenticate against the AD instead of the built-in authentication in detail.

Regards,
Megha Manthri