One Star

[resolved] Could not open the editor: An unexpected exception

I got this message after my last column analysis and just before preparing a data profile report. Any idea how to fix it? I read about a similar problem in the Open Studio forum, but could not get the same menu options or a satisfcatory result.
Could not open the editor: An unexpected exception was thrown.
Here is the detail provided:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.composite.AnalysisColumnTreeViewer$14.treeExpanded(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:126)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1043)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1067)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1052)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Tree.HandleExpanded(Tree.java:1398)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.wpf.OS.TreeViewItem_IsExpanded(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TreeItem.setExpanded(TreeItem.java:1202)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.composite.AnalysisColumnTreeViewer.addItemElements(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.composite.AnalysisColumnTreeViewer.setElements(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.composite.AnalysisColumnTreeViewer.(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.analysis.ColumnMasterDetailsPage.createAnalysisColumnsSection(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.analysis.ColumnMasterDetailsPage.createFormContent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormPage$1.run(FormPage.java:152)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormPage.createPartControl(FormPage.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.pageChange(FormEditor.java:465)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.CommonFormEditor.pageChange(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.editor.analysis.AnalysisEditor.pageChange(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.setActivePage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:1076)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.setActivePage(FormEditor.java:597)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:361)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:662)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1256)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1209)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1608)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:103)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:485)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:112)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:63)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:225)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:213)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:778)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:677)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:638)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2854)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2762)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2754)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2705)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2685)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2676)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:651)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenFileAction.openFile(OpenFileAction.java:99)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenSystemEditorAction.run(OpenSystemEditorAction.java:99)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:168)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1043)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2468)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2217)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.rcp.intro.Application.start(Unknown Source)

• Data Quality
6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: [resolved] Could not open the editor: An unexpected exception

Hi robg
which studio and which version of the studio are you using?
Do you know how to reproduce it?
Is it a column analysis? Did you select the pattern frequency table indicator?
One Star

Hi Thanks for the reply. I am using version 4.01. I run the following file, TalendOpenProfiler-win32-wpf.exe. Not sure what the wpf means.
All of the analyses I did were column analyses. Except for one that was time correlation analysis, this I created, but never used. All of the analyses ran, but did not a one run after I got this error. All I try to do is open up the analysis to get the analysis results page and I get the error. There are just the column analyses in the DQ Repository and the error message in the Tabs. the tab does indicate the *.ana Filename in the header instead of the name of the analysis. for example,
QWRadnsdfkdkfdnf-45050505050.ana
This tells me that it cannot file the properties file. Any thoughts?
Rob G
One Star

The editor for a Time Correlation Analysis I created pops up, but not any of the column analyses. The time correlation analysis has never run successfully, there is an error I need to address in it.
Employee

Hi,
We've seen some graphical issues with the wpf executable. I advise you to use the x86 executable.
This said, I'm not sure it could fix your issue.
If you browse with your file explorer, do you find a *.properties file near the *.ana file?
If yes, could you open it? What's the content?
You could also have a look in the error log view? http://www.talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bugtracker#attach_the_error_log_to_the_bugtracker
If the x86 executable does not provide better results, you should consider to open a bug issue at http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/my_view_page.php and attach the error log there. This will help the developers to fix this issue.
One Star

Thank you - the reports pull up using the x86 version. Rob G
One Star

7XzyJA saylmgkapiyw, aavqgxqkxyer, brxcmnsatidh,