Five Stars

Is there any other fuzzy match component I can use?

Hi ,

I have used tfuzzymatch component to find the matched words in one lookup table. The tfuzzymatch only have one matching column attribute as condition, but I hope that  there is a component can have two matching columns as condition using different matching method. Is there any component having this kind of function? Thanks a lot.

• Dataprep
6 REPLIES
Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

Re: Is there any other fuzzy match component I can use?

Hi,

Don't think so, but maybe you can replicate the input data flow using tReplicate, then use the appropriate tFuzzyMatch on each flow.

After that, in a new subjob, you can combine both flows using a tMap to get the result from the two previous tFuzzyMatch.

No so easy as having the possibility to have more than a single lookup for the tFuzzyMatch, but it should work.

TRF

Hello,

Here is a tRecordMatchingcomponent which joins two tables by doing a fuzzy match on several columns using a wide variety of comparison algorithms. It compares columns from the main flow with reference columns from the lookup flow and according to the matching strategy you define, outputs the match data, the possible match data and the rejected data. Let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I could not find tRecordMatching in the 6.1 Talend Open Studio. Is it a free component?  I can not find it in the Talend exchange either. Where can I download it? 

Thanks a lot.

Hello, Hello, This component is available in the Palette of the Studio only if you have subscribed to one of the Talend Platform products not a free component. Best regards Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Thanks, I did not subscribe any Talend products. I think I need to find another way to solve my problem.
Five Stars

Thanks, I think I need some "loop" to do that. Since the one column is a list of integers.