One Star

Exporting Datasets

Hi, 
Just downloaded Talend to try it out. Looks good but i tried exporting a dataset and all i get is a blank file or the below error. Any suggestions?
{"code":"TDP_API_UNABLE_TO_EXPORT_CONTENT","message":"Sorry an unexpected error occurred and we could not complete your last operation, but you can keep using Data Preparation","message_title":"An error has occurred","cause":"Export failed and no fallback available.","context":{}}

Niall

• Dataprep
14 REPLIES

Re: Exporting Datasets

Hi,
Are you using Talend Data Prep 1.1.0? Are you going to export default tutorial/ given sample?
Did you get this issue when you export your dataset  as "TABLEAU"? 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi, 
Yes, using free version Talend Data Prep 1.1. Exporting my own data set. Got the issue when exporting to CSV and excel
Niall

Hi,
We cannot repro this export dataset issue on our end on Talend Data Prep 1.1.
What's the OS you are using? Would you mind sending your own dataset to us for testing?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi, 
The OS i'm using is windows 7 SP1. I can't really send the dataset on as it contains sensitive client info. However i was playing around with the system and it will output the dataset if no changes are applied to it. When i apply changes to it then it won't export most of the time. I say most of the time as i tried testing it with each change i made to the data and with some changes it exported and others it didn't. It seemed random though. Some times it exported with a specific change to the data set then i'd try it again and it wouldn't export. Doesn't seem very reliable. 
Any ideas?
Niall

Hi,
Maybe it is a bug on Talend Data Prep 1.1.0. We will make a further investigation on it.
What's kind of change you made on your dataset? 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi, 
I made basic changes. Deleted a column, made text upper case, added values from one column to blank cells in another column...things like that. Nothing crazy.
Niall
Employee

It's a bug in version 1.1 when you delete a column.  Fixed in version 1.2
One Star

OK. cheers. 
Can i download the updated version from anywhere. I can't seem to find it. 

Hi wynner,
So far, the latest released Talend Data Prep version is 1.1
https://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio?_ga=1.239648650.82107865.1404275933#t8

We will keep you posted as long as Talend Data Prep 1.2 is available for download.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi guys,
We are happy to announce that Data Preparation Free Desktop 1.2.0 has been released.
For more information, please refer to this topic:https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=52422.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi, 
I have a problem similar to the original poster.  I'm using the latest desktop free version of Talend Data Prep. I have a dataset with over 100K records so I altered the parameter to accomodate this.  I applied many changes to the data -- 32 to be exact, because it was quite messy and I was experimenting with the tool as I learn it (splitting text, deleting columns, etc).  Well my finished product looks good but I can't export the dataset.  When I click export to CSV it only downloads the preparations info, not the cleaned up data! What am I missing? My file format has UTF-8 encoding and I choose CSV Export.  Thanks for the help!
Dan
One Star

Like the other posters, I am also having difficulty exporting.  I uploaded a spreadsheet, and "prepared" it just fine.  When I try to export to .csv or .xlxs, it says "Connecting . . . for several minutes, and then I get this error:
{"code":"TDP_ALL_UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION","message":"Sorry an unexpected error occurred and we could not complete your last operation, but you can keep using Data Preparation","message_title":"An error has occurred","cause":"Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')\n at ","context":{}}
I REALLY need to get this edited spreadsheet.  I re-downloaded the Desktop Free version, and on the webpage it takes me too, is indicates the version is 1.3.0 at the bottom of the page. 
Please advise.
Four Stars

I have talent data preparation 1.3. and I cannot load a dataset with 4 columns and 5 rows and if the rows have anything other than numbers. Strange.

2016 Talend. All Rights Reserved| 1.3.0

Error: "Sorry an unexpected error occurred and we could not complete your last operation, but you can keep using Data Preparation"

Dataset:

ABCD
closeclosecloseclose
closeclosecloseclose
vsowvsowvsowvsow
ntpvntpvntpvntpv
NPDVZLSR-104NPDVZLSR-104NPDVZLSR-104NPDVZLSR-104
Employee

Hi,

Can you provide the logs? I can import it just fine on my side:

import.png