One Star

Capture rejected record's column

Hi,

So I know how to capture rejected records of a file, like by using Row>Rejected. This does filter the rejected records,tells us which value is causing the issue and also which line. But it does not tells us which column does that value falls in.

I need to know which column's value has been rejected. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Data Quality
  • Dataprep
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Capture rejected record's column

Hi
It does't not contain the information which column has the error, take a look at tschemaCompilanceCheck component, use a custom schema to check the data, the error message thrown by this component point out which column has the error.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks for the reply.

Talend makes the faulty value as null.  Is there any way we can change that value, or enter any other value if the value is rejected?

Community Manager

Hi
Read all columns as string type, link the input component to tSchemaComplianceCheck and use a custom schema to check it,

tFileInputDelimited--main--tSchemaComplianceCheck --main-->tlogrow

--reject-->tlogrow

the reject flow contains all the information, the output looks like:
.--+----------+---------+-------------.
| tLogRow_1 |
|=-+----------+---------+------------=|
|id|newColumn1|errorCode|errorMessage |
|=-+----------+---------+------------=|
|a |elise |2 |id:wrong type|
'--+----------+---------+-------------'

Regards

Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks a lot Shong!

This is working. Actually I yried this component before, but I couldn't use it properly it seems. Wish I would got a solution to this earlier when I posted this, It would have saved a lot of time.

But thanks anyway.