Not applicable

unable to launch TOS_DQ-win-x86_64

Hello 
I downloaded the Talend DQ
Now I want to launch it however I get the following error message
Please advise as I'm new to Talend

Re: unable to launch TOS_DQ-win-x86_64

Hi,
We cannot see the details from the link you provided. 
Could you please paste the error message into forum directly?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Not applicable

Hi,
Are you installing JDK 1.8? What's your OS? 64 bit?
Could you please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Requiring a JDK installation to build jobs starting from version 6.0?
Is there any more error messge? Which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I downloaded the Talend Open Studio v6.1.1 (TOS_BD-20151214_1327-V6.1.1) and followed the instructions exactly. I am still not able to launch the application. Any help is much appreciated. Please see the configuration details below.
JDK: 1.8.0_77
JRE: 1.8.0_77
JAVA_HOME / JRE_HOME has been set properly.
I have copied the few lines or errors from the error log below. If you need the complete log file, please let me know.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2016-04-08 23:48:09.242
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

Hi,
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.

There are two possible causes for this exception:

The system uses an old version of JRE to launch Talend Studio.
If you are on a subscription version of a Talend product, your license may be invalid or has expired.

Could you please check if your JDK is correctly installed on your computer?(java -version in cmd
Could you please paste the very beginning of the .log file into forum so that we can see the version of the JRE your system is using to launch Talend Studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--