unable to connect to MS-SQL server

Highlighted
One Star

unable to connect to MS-SQL server

Hello
I'm working on Talend Data Quality
I wanted to create a DB connection and I supplied the details (server, database name, user, pwd)
However when I click on the check button to check if the connection is successful i get that the file jtds-1.3.1-patch.jar is missing but the I cannot make any action as the action button is disabled
I went to Help->Install Additional Packages
I get that there is nothing to install

Please advise

Re: unable to connect to MS-SQL server

Hi,
Have you already checked documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules and TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes I already did and I can't find Network Connections as per the help page
One Star

could it be because I'm launching the 32-bit talend Data Quality and connecting to 64-bit data source
please advise as I'm unable to do anything
One Star

I also have the "jtds-1.3.1-patch.jar is missing" problem when trying to connect to SQL Server (2014) on Windows 10 using the data quality tool. I have searched many web sites and can not find this exact file to download, and the search feature in Talend did not find it or give any relevant information. The documentation did not help either. Please help.
NOTE: The following file can be found in the Talend Library but it has a slightly different name: C:\Users\Bill\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries\jtds-1.3.1-patch\6.1.1-SNAPSHOT
Also, the extracted files and exe's remain in the Downloads folder. Shouldn't they be relocated to somewhere permanent?
This looks like a very nice tool and I would really like to get it working with SQL Server 2014.
Thanks.

Hi,
SQL Server 2014 is not list on the documents:

TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported databases for profiling data and TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported systems%2C databases and business applications by Talend components

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
I have encountred the same error.
I am using TOS Data Quality and TOS Data Integration (x86) with sql server 2014. I can only connect to database using TOS Data Integration ! when trying to do so using TOS DQ i get the "jtds-1.3.1-patch.jar" missing message with the action botton disabled (download and install).
I removed sql server 2014 and installed sql server 2012 but it's still not working.
can you help us please ? thank you

Hi,
For your missing jar "jtds-1.3.1-patch.jar", have you already checked documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules and TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have to say that i've read it quickly.
Now that i've read it thoroughly, i managed to resolve the problem.
Thank you Sabrina
One Star

I had encountered two problems. First error is missing the driver file. I solved it. The second one is when I input all the server name and login credentials, the error is :You must change the database setting. I don't know what's the problem is. Can anybody help?
 For those who are still struggling on the first issue, here is the solution: 
Find the driver in google and download it. The tricky thing is rename the driver with the same name the error message mentioned. jtds-1.3.1-patch.jar. 

Hi,
The second one is when I input all the server name and login credentials, the error is :You must change the database setting

Can you successfully connect to your MS-SQL server through client with your connection parameter without using talend tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

The second one is when I input all the server name and login credentials, the error is :You must change the database setting
i am getting the same error, i can connect to MS SQL server with another client with same credentials that i am trying to use with talend.

Please assist with a solution.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality