One Star

tMap doesn't store on disk

Hi everyone,
I got the well known problem of the java OutOfMemoryError by using the tMap.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at test.test2_0_1.test2.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(test2.java:2367)
at test.test2_0_1.test2.runJobInTOS(test2.java:4213)
at test.test2_0_1.test2.main(test2.java:4087)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I set a path in the "stock on disk" field but, during the running, no file is created into the directory. No writing rights restriction.
Thanks by advance
6 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: tMap doesn't store on disk

Hi,
What have you set as max number of elements on the advanced property of the tMap, have you tried with a really low value to see if Talend does use the disk ? It seems that in recent version (5.0.1+?) Talend doesn't crash on this anymore but just issues a warning
Warning: to avoid a Memory heap space error the buffer of the lookup has been limited to a size of 397827 , try to reduce the advanced parameter "Max buffer size" (~100000 or at least less than 397827), then if needed try to increase the JVM Xmx parameter.

maybe you should try upgrading if you havent' already ?
Hope that helps,
One Star

Hi,
I'm using the version 4.2.2 because I need Talend Spatial and it doesn't seems to be available on v 5.x
I tried your test but it didn't work
One Star

Have you selected the 'store temp data on disk' icon for the lookup in tMap?
One Star

If you talk about the bouton near the field, yes I did.
One Star

Have you selected the 'store temp data on disk' icon for the lookup in tMap?

Ok, I didn't see it, sorry and thanks. I Join an image for the guys as blink as me.
I have an other problem but it's with the spatial module. It appears that tMap doesn't import Geometry libraries beacause I get that readGeometry() and writeGeometry(Geometry) are undefined when I set "store temp data on disk" to true
any advice?
EDIT: I add I'm using Talend 5 with the Spatial module (4.2). This problem doesn't occur with Talend 4.2 but it is the only one I get.
One Star dex
One Star

Hi guys,
I have the same problem as Patheu. When i want to "store on disk" i got this :
connecting to socket on port 3854
connected
Warning: to avoid a Memory heap space error the buffer of the lookup has been limited to a size of 1099050 , try to reduce the advanced parameter "Max buffer size" (~100000 or at least less than 1099050), then if needed try to increase the JVM Xmx parameter.
And i don't understand want can i do. I change the jvm parameters, nothing change. So i want to try the first proposal : "try to reduce the advanced parameter "Max buffer size"", but how to do?
i use : TOS Version: 5.0.2 Build id: r78327-20120216-0244 + Pc Windows xp pro sp3 3Go of RAM.
Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
Dex