Six Stars

tDataStewardshipTaskDelete - Set Custom values to delete both New and Resolved Tasks from the campaign

Hi,

I have a need to delete a task from the campaign where the state of the task could be New or Resolved. In the component, i can either select New, Resolved or Custom. Selecting new or resolved will delete tasks from wither one. Can i use the custom option to delete the task from either New or the Resolved state? Is there any other way to do this? 

Thanks,

avitalend

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: tDataStewardshipTaskDelete - Set Custom values to delete both New and Resolved Tasks from the campaign

Hi,

That is not doable so far. The "'Custom" option allows you to dynamically set a status via a context variable, but it only supports a single state. Good news though: that is planned for 7.1.1. The simplest way for now to achieve your use case is to rely on 2 jobs (or subjobs): 1 for New tasks, 1 for Resolved tasks.

Regards,

Gwendal

2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: tDataStewardshipTaskDelete - Set Custom values to delete both New and Resolved Tasks from the campaign

Hi,

That is not doable so far. The "'Custom" option allows you to dynamically set a status via a context variable, but it only supports a single state. Good news though: that is planned for 7.1.1. The simplest way for now to achieve your use case is to rely on 2 jobs (or subjobs): 1 for New tasks, 1 for Resolved tasks.

Regards,

Gwendal

Six Stars

I thought so too when i looked at the back end code, it was Setting the Value for customState using .setValue. it was not possible to set both values. Good that Talend is fixing this.

Thank you Gwendal!!