Seventeen Stars

[resolved] adress postal validation

hi,
I've to work and validate some (a lot) adresses but solutions are found are not free or/and open source.
In fact we receive those adresses in very different "format" (and never in a normative way) written by all of kind of person.
I've first to sort and retrieve all of parts of each adress and it will be great to validate them with existing adress (validity and coherence).
So i'm looking for any existing open source solutions,api, etc or algo to do it.
i've read something with "partenariat" between experience Qas and Talend Smiley Happy . is It already exist and available with ToP (or Tos)
thanks for any help and suggestions
ps : it's for french adresses ...
and unfortunatly it seems that is lock by some "french directives"
La RNVP est un traitement de l'adresse nécessitant l'acquisition d'un logiciel RNVP homologué par La Poste SNA
RNVP is a treatment of the adress needing the acquisition of software approved by "la Poste"

regards
laurent
Edit : seen a video on Talend+qas demo wherein talking about "qas row" component ... it' s only in Entreprise version ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] adress postal validation

Hi kzone,
Talend provides address validation and correction components in the Talend Data Quality offering.
Efficient address correction can only be done with real address data. In France, these data come from La Poste. Talend does not own these data and works with partners such as QAS in order to provide address correction components.
I don't think you can find good quality address data for free. These data must be updated regularly (for example, every two months in France) and it would be difficult to provide up-to-date data without getting (or at least validating) them directly from the postal companies.
If you want to know more about Talend Data Quality, please contact sales@talend.com
2 REPLIES
Employee

Hi kzone,
Talend provides address validation and correction components in the Talend Data Quality offering.
Efficient address correction can only be done with real address data. In France, these data come from La Poste. Talend does not own these data and works with partners such as QAS in order to provide address correction components.
I don't think you can find good quality address data for free. These data must be updated regularly (for example, every two months in France) and it would be difficult to provide up-to-date data without getting (or at least validating) them directly from the postal companies.
If you want to know more about Talend Data Quality, please contact sales@talend.com
Seventeen Stars

hi,
I have to convince our IT Director to use enterprise version now Smiley Happy
the gain of not taking licence against the cost (time and human) on SI development with different community part of Talend data management is clearly using talend Enterprise version for us.
thanks for your help.
laurent