[resolved] Using Git With Talend 6.1.1

Six Stars

[resolved] Using Git With Talend 6.1.1

Hi there,
So I've been playing around with Talend Studio for Data Quality, Talend Administration Centre (version 6.1.1) and the integrated Git. It's promising, but it's not entirely clear how to take full advantage of it.
I've read the guide found here: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Best+Practices%3A+Using+Git+with+Talend&content-lang=en and am aware that there are some limitations in terms of what sort of Git workflow can currently be supported.
Is there any further information available on the following:
1. How does Talend manage local repositories in terms of directory structure?
2. Where are the local repositories created?
3. How is staging handled? (there doesn't seem to be any)
4. Is there no way to avoid a commit and push on each saving of the workspace? (how do I avoid pushing a potential buggy commit on my Development branch to the central repository when I just want to run a job to test it? - Changes are saved when you run a job)
5. How is the merging of branches achieved? From the link above: "Git: Create branches for each development (bug, new feature) and then merge it to the master and release branch. In Talend, a branch is created on the repository." Branching and merging is pretty much the heart of git and allows for a great development cycle to be implemented in Talend, but again, it's not obvious (at least to me) how to go about achieving it.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or even better give answers to the questions above, it would be a great help!

Thanks,
David.

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Using Git With Talend 6.1.1

Hi David
1 & 2, the local repositories is located in workspace directory, the project name is the root directory under workspace.
3. I don't understand this question, can you please explain your question?
4. You can set the commit model to unlock item, the changes are commit only when the status of item is unlock.
5. See how to copy a  job to a branch.
Regards
Shong  
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi David
1 & 2, the local repositories is located in workspace directory, the project name is the root directory under workspace.
3. I don't understand this question, can you please explain your question?
4. You can set the commit model to unlock item, the changes are commit only when the status of item is unlock.
5. See how to copy a  job to a branch.
Regards
Shong  
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

Hi Shong,
That actually helps a lot! Thanks! Regarding 3, I suppose I don't really need it in Talend so no need to worry about it!
I'll set this topic as resolved. Thanks!