One Star

[resolved] Unhandled event loop exception in Open Profiler 4.2.0.r59885

Column profiling is failing on an unhandled loop.
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:315)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:397)
at org.talend.dq.writer.EMFSharedResources.getResource(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dq.writer.EMFSharedResources.reloadResource(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dq.helper.resourcehelper.ResourceFileMap.getFileResource(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dq.helper.resourcehelper.ResourceFileMap.getModelElement(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dq.helper.resourcehelper.ResourceFileMap.getAllElement(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.wizard.AbstractWizard.checkMetadata(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.wizard.AbstractWizard.performFinish(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:811)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:430)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.action.actions.AnalyzeColumnAction.openStandardAnalysisDialog(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.action.actions.AnalyzeColumnAction.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.rcp.intro.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:181)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:180)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1494)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1282)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:255)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:270)
... 48 more

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_25
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_CA
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

10 REPLIES
Employee

Re: [resolved] Unhandled event loop exception in Open Profiler 4.2.0.r59885

I was able to profile a single column within a demo Oracle table on XE whereby I nagivated from the repository to the column in question and right-clicked to bring up a new anaylsis. From there should be self-explanatory.
Windows7 64-bit TOP build 59885 I think
Employee

The xml file seems to be corrupted. When did this error happen?
Do you always reproduce this error?
One Star

The error is consistent and repeatable, regardless of how I navigate to it. The right clicking approach mentioned doesnt work either (although I should note that I'm using Win-32 Vers 4.2.0 Build r59885-20110505-1038 not Win-64).
I havent tried a re-install, as this happened on a fresh install (previous day). The only activities done with Profiler were to do some "high level" profiling (schema...) as part of an assessment. To the best of my recollection, I saw this error the first time I tried column-level profiling.
I didint see any problems in the install. The only potential noteworthy item is that I have only installed profiler, none of the other tools, so if there is a dependency, I might be missing something.
Employee

where did you install Talend Open Profiler?
It is advised to install it in folder near the root, such as "D:\top".
If your installation path, there may be issues on Windows when you unzip the product.
One Star

Open Profiler is installed in C:\Talend folder.
The Zip file TOP-All-r59885-V4.2.0.zip was downloaded to folders under the MyDocuments folder, but the unzip from there was direct to C:\Talend. I didnt note any error messages during the unzip. Is there a log?
Employee

I don't think there is a log. It will depend on your zip software.
Did you use the windows unarchiver to unzip?
It is advised to unzip with another tool such as Winzip, 7Zip, Winrar.
The windows archiver happens to fail to unzip correctly the studio in some cases.
One Star

Sorry, that was poorly phrased...
I was confirming that there were no errors on the zip extraction. My question was on any logs (other than the ones I sent) that would be worth reviewing.
However, as the problem seemed to be a corrupt XML file, I tried a fresh extraction (from the same zip archive). Column profiling is working on the new version. So it appears that the problem happened post-install, and is not inherent in the downloaded software.
So for now, I think this issue OK. There's nothing to diagnose if the software is working. If the problem recurs and is repeatable I'll re-open the .
Thanks for your help
Employee

good news.
Happy that your problem is solved.
One Star

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_04
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Info
Sat Jan 12 10:36:34 IST 2013
2013-01-12 10:36:34,295 INFO org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor - Command line: C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java.exe -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -cp E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/activation.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/commons-httpclient-3.1.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/cxf-2.2.4.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/geronimo-annotation_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/geronimo-jaxws_2.1_spec-1.0.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.2.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/jaxb-api-2.1.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/jaxb-impl-2.1.12-modified.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/jaxb-xjc-2.1.12-modified.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/mail.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/saaj-api-1.3.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/saaj-impl-1.3.2.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/talend-ws-1.0.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/talend_file_enhanced_20070724.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/wstx-asl-3.2.8.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib/XmlSchema-1.4.5.jar;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/classes;E:/TalendInstallation/TOS_DI-Win32-r78327-V5.0.2/workspace/.Java/lib; componentdesign.webservice_0_1.webservice --context=Default --stat_port=3981 %*
plz help me to solve this exception.....waiting for your help
Employee

@feroz, please open a new topic for your error and describe what you were doing.