[resolved] Search and filter query sintax

Highlighted
Four Stars

[resolved] Search and filter query sintax

Hi,

from the documentation I can hardly see how to use this operator. When trying different scenarios I could see that for text search Talend automatically narrows down columns based on the written word and suggests the IN operator. Is there any option how to filter rows with a regular expression?

Other thing that I noticed is that inserting a new filter is possible just by clicking on the drop-down suggestion. When typing the same suggestion word (eg. thething in COMPANY) and pressing enter nothing occurs. Am I using it right?

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] Search and filter query sintax

There is no language at this point, we always run an implicit contains query on whatever you type, in all columns. We then suggest which columns have at least one cell that contains the string you typed, with sentences like "whatever you typed in eligible column".
By contains I mean anywhere in the cell; for instance if you search for "book", it will find "facebook", "bookshelf" and "mybookstore.com".
This search field is like a global search, sort of like a Ctrl + F (or Cmd + F) in your browser. You don't need to know in advance in which column the data is. The flip side being that, indeed, you can't force it to search only within a particular column.
We will probably allow predicates in the future though, such as '>', '<' etc. for numerics, 'and' / 'or' conditions etc.

All Replies
Employee

Re: [resolved] Search and filter query sintax

There is no language at this point, we always run an implicit contains query on whatever you type, in all columns. We then suggest which columns have at least one cell that contains the string you typed, with sentences like "whatever you typed in eligible column".
By contains I mean anywhere in the cell; for instance if you search for "book", it will find "facebook", "bookshelf" and "mybookstore.com".
This search field is like a global search, sort of like a Ctrl + F (or Cmd + F) in your browser. You don't need to know in advance in which column the data is. The flip side being that, indeed, you can't force it to search only within a particular column.
We will probably allow predicates in the future though, such as '>', '<' etc. for numerics, 'and' / 'or' conditions etc.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch