One Star

[resolved] Is there a 10,000 Limit for Free Version?

Hey
Just a simple question...Is the maximum line limit for the free version 10,000 lines?
Thanks

5 REPLIES
Employee

Re: [resolved] Is there a 10,000 Limit for Free Version?

Hi
There is no license restriction in the product. However with the first version we need to configure the import such that users don't run out of memory on their machines when importing large files. We will be making the option configurable in the next version (just didn't make the final cut for 1.0... but it's coming).
Ciaran
One Star

Excellent news Ciaran! I know the Prep tool just game out but do you guys have any idea yet of the timing for the next version? I am only curious as the tool has huge promise for a large cleaning project i have coming up but obviously the 10,000 restriction would hamper its usefulness. 
Thanks for your quick reply 
Employee

Thank, and good to know.
I would advise that you watch the online webinar (https://info.talend.com/DataPrepRelease_160211.html?_ga=1.190910122.1443607909.1451984282 ) . We provide some information related to the roadmap and demo how Data Preparation will be delivered in Q2 as an enterprise class and server based component that fully integrates with Talend Data Fabric.
In parallel, the Free Desktop will continue to evolve with a new release in Q1.
Engaged citizen in a data driven world.
One Star

Thank you for the responses from both of you. I will be sure to watch those webinars you mentioned. 
Employee

By the way, Christophe Toum had also just shared how you can change the 10000 limit in the current version. See his answer in another thread () . Of course, the limitation might become then the resources of your desktop.
Engaged citizen in a data driven world.