[resolved] How to manually setup Data Quality Portal 5.2.2 to work with ORACLE?

One Star

[resolved] How to manually setup Data Quality Portal 5.2.2 to work with ORACLE?

Hi,
I'm trying to setup DQ Portal as part of a "Platform for Data Services 5.2.2" installation.
Although it is recommended to use the Talend Installer, I want to set it up manually because I have an existing TOMCAT server where I want to deploy the environment.
I studied the Installation Guide, the scripts and configuration files that come with the file "Talend-DQPortal-r99271-V5.2.2.zip".
Now I ask myself, how should it ever be possible to setup the database components (user, tables etc.) in an ORACLE database with the statements located in the file "Talend-DQPortal-r99271-V5.2.2.zip/dqportal/script/hsql/database/tdqportal.script"???
Does anyone have a working solution for that issue?
Not using ORACLE is not an option!
best regards
Stefan

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] How to manually setup Data Quality Portal 5.2.2 to work with ORACLE?

Yes, the DQ portal holds the configuration only in the HSQL database. No other choice for that, except if you want to create your own configuration (menus, dashboards, ...) from scratch, then you can choose any database.
I've no exact information about the growth of this database, but it mainly contains the configuration of the DQ portal and some log tables. The configuration (menus, users, permissions, dahsboards,...) does not change often and won't generate a lot of rows. The log tables can be emptied when you think they become too big.

All Replies
Employee

Re: [resolved] How to manually setup Data Quality Portal 5.2.2 to work with ORACLE?

This script "tdqportal.script" contains the DQ portal portal configuration and is an HSQL embedded database.
The Oracle connection is required for the data mart where you store all analyses. It's a different database.
You need this database be created from the studio https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Setting+up+a+distant+database&content-lang=en
One Star

This script "tdqportal.script" contains the DQ portal portal configuration and is an HSQL embedded database.

So this means customers are bound to use no other than the HSQL database for the configuration unlike TAC!?
Are there any field reports about file size and growing speed?
BR
Stefan
Employee

Yes, the DQ portal holds the configuration only in the HSQL database. No other choice for that, except if you want to create your own configuration (menus, dashboards, ...) from scratch, then you can choose any database.
I've no exact information about the growth of this database, but it mainly contains the configuration of the DQ portal and some log tables. The configuration (menus, users, permissions, dahsboards,...) does not change often and won't generate a lot of rows. The log tables can be emptied when you think they become too big.
One Star

Alright!
Thank you!