Seventeen Stars

[resolved] How to edit the rules and the editing work flow

I find the idea is great but I am missing the (or even cannot find them) the functionality to edit the pattern and the rules.
Is there a raw documentation? I am using Beta 0.12. an a Mac

6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: [resolved] How to edit the rules and the editing work flow

You may want to download the final 1.0 version at http://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio#t8
Can you elaborate on:
- patterns: do you mean like regular expressions? what use case e.g check values conform to a pattern? extract or replace data based on a pattern?
- rules: do you mean like a business rule e.g value < 100?
Seventeen Stars

Hi Christophe, yes I mean the patterns (regularly expressions) which detects invalid fields in the records and yes I mean such rules.
Currently it looks like a show case application in which we can check the possible use cases for the data editors.
It is planned to edit also database table content, this would be really great.
Employee

Hi
Have you checked out the DP documentation - https://help.talend.com/display/KB/How+to+use+Talend+Data+Preparation?
There is a section on regular expressions, including some examples.
Ciaran
Employee

There are different functions that work with regex. Whenever a function parameter exhibits a little widget docked on the left size, you can put a regex. For instance try the Replace function, or the Match function.
Also, you may want to click on the "Learn more" link. That will get you to a regex cheatsheet.
For business rules, we have a Compare function (although only on numerics; compare on strings will come at the next upgrade). As for custom "formulas", this will be available in the commercial version later this year.
Seventeen Stars

Hi Christophe, thanks for sharing the link to the documentation. I was not aware on it. I will try it!
Employee

Hi
I suggest you install the generally available release no that it is on Talend's web site. On the download page, if you scroll down, you will also see links to a getting started guide, documentation, etc.
Regards
Engaged citizen in a data driven world.