[resolved] Error when creating connection to SQL*Server

One Star

[resolved] Error when creating connection to SQL*Server

I am getting an error when I try to configure a connection to SQL*Server in Open Studio for Data Quality version 6.1.
I tested by connection from Excel successfully, so the problem is Talend.
The message I receive is that I am missing the module jtds-1.3.1-patch. 
I believe I downloaded the jtds-1.3.1.jar but not sure why it is looking for the patch. and the patch.jar is not there.

Not sure what I need to do. The documentation does not directly address this problem.. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
ian

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Error when creating connection to SQL*Server

OK figured it out....
You do need the "patch" file. You can find it at: talend-update.talend.com/nexus/content/repositories/libraries/org/talend/libraries/jtds-1.3.1-patch/6.1.1/
I then copied it to the .../java/lib directory and things started working.

All Replies
One Star

OK figured it out....
You do need the "patch" file. You can find it at: talend-update.talend.com/nexus/content/repositories/libraries/org/talend/libraries/jtds-1.3.1-patch/6.1.1/
I then copied it to the .../java/lib directory and things started working.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your solution and posting that you resolved it by yourself.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I'm having the same issue - where did you find the /java/lib directory? When I installed Talend I downloaded the folder from the website and then unzipped and placed it in the C drive. I'm looking in that folder (C:\Talend\TOS_DQ-20151214_1327-V6.1.1) now and don't see a /java/ directory. Are you referring to /configuration/lib/java by chance? 
One Star

This is the exact link I used: https: //talend-update.talend.com/nexus/content/repositories/libraries/org/talend/libraries/jtds-1.3.1-patch/6.1.1/   (check the formatting as I am having trouble posting this link)
One Star

Great post.  I was having the same issue.  The link worked. 
I had to rename the file from jtds-1.3.1-patch-6.1.1.jar to jtds-1.3.1-patch.jar.  I put it in the \TOS_DQ-20151214_1327-V6.1.1\configuration\lib\java directory.  Then used the Modules view to manually add it to Talend by clicking on the Jar icon.  To see the Modules view, click  Window, Show View..., Talend, Modules.
One Star

Is there an alternate site for this file?  I am getting HTTP Error 500 when trying to access any file in the libraries directory.
One Star

Thanks, for fixing the website...