One Star

[resolved] Do not join on nulls in tMap

Is there a setting in the tMap component so that when performing a join, it does not consider two null values to be a match? Like in SQL, if you say:
WHERE colA = colB
with both colA and colB being null, it will not return any records as it does not consider null = null to be true.
I can code around this in the join, of course, but that is a big pain.
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Do not join on nulls in tMap

Hi,
You can set a filter in the input source of ""LookUp".
See my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
5 REPLIES

Hi,
You can set a filter in tMap in output source.
See my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This doesn't quite solve the problem because it does null checking after the join has been performed. So the join still happens between the two records, but then the result is filtered out. This is not what I want since I am performing a left join - I still want the data from the source table to come across, just not the data from the joined-to table.

Hi,
You can set a filter in the input source of ""LookUp".
See my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks, Sabrina!

Hi,
You are welcome. Don't hesitate to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--