Highlighted
Five Stars

how to set up filters for tPOP

Hi all,

I am using the tPOP to extract the emails from the gmail account during certain time window. Here is the screenshot of the advance setting page. I have set the the timestamp for "after Date" in the advance settings, But it still gave me the email back from the very beginning which was earlier than the time stamp I set.  How can I set up a timestamp for the "Pattern" value for the "After date"? What is the format for this timestamp. Thanks a lot!tPOP.PNG

6 REPLIES

Re: how to set up filters for tPOP

Hi,

What's your advanced filter? Please take a look at my screenshot. Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrinatpopfilter.png

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your reply.  Is it possible for tPOP to set up the time for "After date" filter? 

For example, TalendDate.ParseDate("dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss", "20-02-2013 10:00:00") in the pattern column. The screenshot is attached.

Best, tPOP.PNG

Hello,

suhaxini wrote:

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your reply.  Is it possible for tPOP to set up the time for "After date" filter? 

For example, TalendDate.ParseDate("dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss", "20-02-2013 10:00:00") in the pattern column. The screenshot is attached.

Best, tPOP.PNG

suhaxini wrote:

Hi Sabrina,

Best, tPOP.PNG

Is it OK with you when use TalendDate.ParseDate("dd-MM-yyyy", "20-02-2013") pattern in advanced settings of tPOP component?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Yes, the date works for me. But it will take talend a long time (more than 30 mins) to retrieve, if I add time filter there.  The "delete emails from server" option was not checked, when the tPOP job ran. Will it take tPOP a long time to do indexing and filtering if the email box have a lot of emails? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

What's your mail server? Gmail or office 365?

How many mails do you need to retrieve? Is the speed normal without any filter in your tPop component?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Hi,

I used gmail. The number of emails I need to retrieve varies everyday, since I set the time stamp filter there. Usually, the number of emails goes up to 100.  It would a little faster, if timestamp filter is not there. 

Thanks!