One Star

how to match more than one column in tFuzzyMatch?

I'm trying to use tFuzzyMatch component to match two files on Name and Address of the peoples. I have following questions:
1. How can I fuzzy match two or more columns in one go? I don't see a direct way to do this in component properties but I'm sure there will be a workaround for the same
2. How can I get match score of each match rather than match/ non-match output
3. I want to get the primary key of the lookup file as well to join the complete row together
4. How to get more matching algorithms such as Jaro-winkler or Trigram
5. I'm getting NULL_exception while using double metaphone algorithm while the match works with the same file when I use levenshtein and metaphone. Any suggestions on debugging?    
4 REPLIES

Re: how to match more than one column in tFuzzyMatch?

Hi,
Please try to use component TalendHelpCenter:tRecordMatching which joins two tables by doing a fuzzy match on several columns using a wide variety of comparison algorithms.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi xdshi,
How can i do a fuzzy match on more than 1 column on Talend Open Studio for DQ (free version) ?
Best Regards

Hi,
Please try to use component TalendHelpCenter:tRecordMatching which joins two tables by doing a fuzzy match on several columns using a wide variety of comparison algorithms.
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi, tRecordMatching is not visible in Talend DI 6.1.1. Could you please help guide how to use this component?
Regards,
PP

Hi,
The RecordMatching component will be available in the Palette of Talend Studio on the condition that you have subscribed to one of the Talend Platform products not Talend DI product.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.