One Star

'View rows' not working in Analysis Results-Column Content Comparison

Hi,
While performing Redundancy Analysis > Column Content Comparison, in the 'Analysis Results' sheet - table 'Analysis Results', the option to "view match rows / view unmatch rows / view rows" does not seem to work.
I am using version 4.0.3. Is this something which has already been fixed in the later versions?
Thanks!
Mythili.S
10 REPLIES
One Star

Re: 'View rows' not working in Analysis Results-Column Content Comparison

It seems to work for me in TOP 4.0.3. Just make sure you click in the column of set B (most right column of the table). Right click in any other part of the table does not bring up the view rows function.
I can't tell if there is an issue in TDQ, though.
One Star

mreuter80,
Yes, I do click on the right-most column. It still does not work in TDQ - V 4.0.3 at least.
PFA screen shot of what I am trying to view.
When I click on any of the available options, nothing happens (Ideally it is supposed to open a SQL Editor tab displaying the SQL which provides the result of that particular count).
Thanks!
Mythili.S
Employee

Hi Mythili.
That's true, there is a strange behavior the menu (at least on linux). Are you using Windows or linux?
On my machine, I can get the menu if you right-click on a cell of the table without having left-click on it before. But then, the menu opens the SQL editor as expected when selected.
You can also try to right-click on the bar chart. You should get the same menus.
But your problem is not to make the menu appear, is it?
Do you have an error message in the error log?
One Star

Sebastiao,
My problem is the SQL editor does not open.
I am using Windows and I am facing the exact same problem - "I can get the menu if I right-click on a cell of the table without having left-click on it before", but unfortunately, it does NOT open the SQL editor.
Also, right-clicking anywhere on the bar chart opens options to Save, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Print the chart along with options to change the properties of the chart. It does not show me options to view the rows.
And, no error gets generated. Everything is just normal, except for the fact that the SQL editor did not open as expected.
I am using version 4.0.3. Do you think it has been fixed in the later versions?
Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

Hi Mythili.
I'm not sure it's fixed on a newer version. We need first to be able to reproduce it.
But you can already download and try the 4.1.2 release.
One Star

Sebastiao,
I tried in version 4.1.2 and here, even the menu does not show up. When I right-click on any cell in the table, the cell just gets highlighted in black. Nothing else happens. Find screen shot in attachment - column_content_comparison.JPG.
Also, doesn't 'view rows' option work w.r.t user defined indicators? I don't seem to get the option to view the data. The whole row just gets highlighted in gray as seen in attachment - UDI_view_rows.JPG.
Thanks!
Mythili
Employee

Hi Mythili,
for the menu that does not show up. Can you open a bugtrack with all the information about your OS, please?
For the UDI, there is no "view rows" menu currently. This feature has not been developed yet because it's a difficult task to be able to generate the appropriate SQL from the SQL query entered by the user (which could be very complex in some cases).
One Star

Sebastiao,
Bug ID: 0021023 raised for this purpose.
Thanks!
Mythili
One Star

I'm seeing this again on Talend Open Studio for Data Quality" Version: 5.4.1 on Mac OSX. In the "Analysis Results" sheet I do not get the option to view rows when right clicking on a column.
Five Stars

You may be asking for functions such as View Rows drill down, graphs, reports, and data exports that are only available in the paid versions.

https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration/data-management-platform/