Four Stars

Timeout of server in 5 minutes

Hi,

Is there any way to reconfigure the time out of the Data Preparation server.

It somehow shuts down on its own if I leave it idle for 5 minutes. I couldn't find the documentation on the property that has to be set to increase the timout/ disable the shutdown.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Timeout of server in 5 minutes

Hi,

You can configure the maximum idle time using the property "watcher.max-idle.time" in the file "application.properties" of your Data Prep Free Desktop (in the "config" directory under the location of the installation).

"watcher.max-idle.time" uses milliseconds and defaults to "300000" (5 min), so I suggest "watcher.max-idle.time=600000" in your configuration file (for 10 min, feel free to increase it if needed).

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi,

You are using Talend Data Preparation Free Desktop, right? If so, then it indeed does stop on its own if nobody is connected to the user interface for 5 minutes. As long as you have at least 1 browser tab open on Data Prep, it won't stop.

Regards,

Gwendal

Four Stars

Thank you for the reply.

The session gets shutdown even when I have the tab open in Chrome. I guess
it's because of Chrome switching the tab to power save mode.

Is there any way to change the timeout from 5 minutes to ten minutes?
Employee

Hi,

You can configure the maximum idle time using the property "watcher.max-idle.time" in the file "application.properties" of your Data Prep Free Desktop (in the "config" directory under the location of the installation).

"watcher.max-idle.time" uses milliseconds and defaults to "300000" (5 min), so I suggest "watcher.max-idle.time=600000" in your configuration file (for 10 min, feel free to increase it if needed).

Four Stars

Thank you. This works!